Thu, Sep 19, 6:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Poser import problem

HellBorn ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 4:58 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:31 PM

I had not used my Poser5 for a while so I thought it would be fun to buy one of the better characters (Katie) as well as a nice new hair(Paradise). So I posed her, applied textures etc and did a test render in Poser and everything looked ok. When imported to Vue5 the only textures that was left was for the hair, the eyes and the body bump map texture. The body and face color textures was not loaded, the face had the body bump loaded and the eye lashes had the wrong map as well as no transparency. Reassigning everything is something one dont want to do but as I was courious on what could be made in Vue5 I decided to give it a try. I grouped the bodyparts and assigned the color texture as well, no problem there. I could however not get the face mappings to stick untill I first assigned it the body map and then replaced that one with the face map. However, in the end I got stuck un the trans mapping for the eyelashes. I could not find a separate group for them so I could never assign any color or transparence for them. I'm not sure about the mover stuff. As I don't think there is a mover coming with Vue5 i suppose I'm using the one that comes with Vue4Pro. As I bought a new computer a while ago and the way I installed could have something to do with the problem I think that I installed Vue4Pro, installed the separate Cow upgrade and then upgraded to the latest Vue4Pro version, then I installed Vue5 and upgraded it as well. I also tried to import to Vue4Pro but with the same result. Any ideas?

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 5:21 AM

Ok, Vue 5 comes with its own Mover 5 on the installation CD. You only need the old serial number after (or while?) the installation. Same with RenderCows - there is an extra Vue 5 Cow on the CD too. Regarding the mixed textures I don't really have an idea. Sound a little weirdto me, i never had that. Have you checked wether it is not only a problem that Vue does not find the bitmaps correctly? And if you redirect those it is ok? Just a vague guess. With F6 you get the material summary window. There you can edit materials even when there are several materials assigned to one mesh, which is possible. BTW, yesterday i loaded your wave example scene into Vue again. I am still impressed how good it looks. Thanks again!

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

HellBorn ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 7:00 AM · edited Wed, 17 November 2004 at 7:02 AM

Thanks wabe.
I'm at work now so I'm not totally sure if I did install a separate mover or cow when reinstalling as I thought it was a Pro version thing to include them with the application. I could have missed it.

Hmm and the old serial...is that the Vue4Pro serial then or was there a separate Mover serial coming with Vue4Pro, can't remember?

I don't think it's missing textures because if so, how could it find the bump texture that is in the same folder as the others, and should not Vue complain and ask for directions for the texture if it can't find it?

Nice to hear that you liked the waves:)
I was hoping to get some time over to play with the materials but currently I'm in a modeling period and there is never enough time.

Message edited on: 11/17/2004 07:02

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 7:29 AM

As usual, so much to do, so little time. There should be a Mover 4 or 5 serial number separately - if you bought it of course. Missing textures - i would check it. Is quickly done and then you are sure. I sometimes have had weird effects with bitmaps.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

nhirschberger ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 7:56 AM

Have the same problem. Apply the 'P4 Mat Pose' to Katie in Poser and it works with Vue 4/5 import.

HellBorn ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 11:48 AM

;) Works like a dream!!! I'm still curious about what the problem is as this texture behaved a bit strang allready inside Poser as it not showed up untill i did a render.

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 6:07 PM

The Katie poser 5 texture is crazy in Bryce too. I have not tried to import the poser 4 texture but I will do so tonight.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.