Tue, Oct 22, 8:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Will the new policies affect free stuff items ?

compiler ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 6:08 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:31 AM

I have some free stuff items here that may be infringing on the new policies regarding nudity. Do I have to change the thumbnails ? Will these items be removed ? And, if so, will I get a notice or a warning ? Thanks in advance for your answer. Potential problems : Volutuous Koshini : Frontal nudity, although not anatomically correct. Hide body parts : nudity masked by a "prop". Summer Wear texture : I'm not sure wether 80% of the breast is actually covered (I've never been too good at trigonometric geometry). Mag sets : depending on the monitor settings, some people might no see that the model is actually (scantily) dressed with a pink ribbon.

deemarie ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 8:58 AM

HI compliler Great question :) At the present time the new polices concerning not allowing nudity in the MP thumbnails JUST applies to the Rosity MP. The new policy does not apply to gallery thumbnails or to freestuff [at this time]. However, if, at any time, you would like to change the thumbnail on your freestuff item, you can do so by using the edit button under your freestuff thumbs :] If, down the road, and I am just saying "if" - the new MP policy does become effect for the freestuff items - then the you would be notified of the policy change by IM, and possibly at that time be asked to please change out your thumbnails to comply with the new policy. I hope that helps to answer your question. Sincerely, Dee-Marie

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 12:14 PM

"The new policy does not apply to gallery thumbnails or to freestuff [at this time]." Err, any particular reason as to why? PayPal gets fairly picky when it comes to other aspects of a site - galleries, freebies, etc. So how did y'all luck out and just get the MP hit? /P

lemur01 ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 12:45 PM

Fear not, the cloud is on the horizon and I doubt it will be long before the free stuff and even the galleries will be encompassed by the same dictat. Jack

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 12:48 PM

Basic rule of bureaucracy: "if", especially an underlined and italicized "if", always means "when".

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 4:29 PM

"Err, any particular reason as to why? PayPal gets fairly picky when it comes to other aspects of a site - galleries, freebies, etc. So how did y'all luck out and just get the MP hit?" . . . I'd think it has to do with the RMP being on different servers than the freestuff and galleries? Just a guess, though.

ales ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 5:44 PM

what policy ? it's mental sickness. nobody will convience me that people who write about %'s of breasts visibility are normal. goodbye renderosity from tolerant and democratic 21th century europe.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 7:58 PM

leather-guy, I doubt PayPal cares if they are on different servers. To the member, they are all part of the same site. Therefore, PayPal becomes associated with everything on the site.

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 2004 at 9:51 AM

"nobody will convience me that people who write about %'s of breasts visibility are normal" - and have probably never been inside a real art gallery.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 2004 at 7:14 PM

Yes, eventually, they will. Probably within the next few months. Then the gallery and forum. Say goodbye to the Poser Top 20's parade of boobs. (Which is not nessisarily a bad thing.)

Kreations By Khrys

elgyfu ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 7:55 AM

What's this about covering 80% of boobs? I often have more than 20% on show and no one has ever commented negatively - blimey, 20% ain't much! Does this mean that all low cut tops and v-necks are offensive! My knockers are the only part of me I actually have no issue with - and now I must cover them up! The shame of it, I am offensive to Paypal and common decency.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 8:34 AM

Elgyfu, you... HUSSY! Don't you know that a woman's body is a sinful, sinful thing and the only item you should EVER wear is a burlap sack that covers from the top of your neck to your feet!? And yes, I'm joking. I think it's pretty stupid, too. Most BIKINIS do not cover 80%. Though technically, you have to cover 80% of the /cleavage/ the way they worded it... So the rest of the boob can be hanging out so long as we don't see cleavage? O.o;

Kreations By Khrys

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 9:53 AM

ok, now wait a second. What's this about clothing? My understanding is that we're supposed to be in bed, naked, or in the kitchen cooking -- and preferably naked there as well (or at least in something that might as well be nekkidness). Sheesh. Bohemians. Clothes. What is this world coming too...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 3:28 PM

No, no, ynsaen! Not /naked/... Barefoot and pregnant at all times, even when continued good health is seriously put at risk 'cause you've already had ten kids and are about to have eleven and your stomach has been so stretched out by pregnancy after pregnancy that you can wear it as a miniskirt... Yeah. I'm surprised people aren't pushing for THAT again...

Kreations By Khrys

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 2004 at 3:52 AM

Khrys, grin interesting post. My mother once did a geneology of the family and it appears that in the early 1800's, a distant relation of our listed 18 sons (didn't bother to list daughters), and another ancestor listed 24 children and he was a doctor. To the topic, if this policy extends to the galleries, I think there will be a revolt. Or there should be one. I have done few nudes (a few male nudes not posted), however, as it is now, the option is open to me if I feel like doing a nude study or pinup. Art censorship is always a bad sign. Liz

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.