Sat, Sep 21, 10:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: merry christmas, all

graylensman ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 11:29 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:02 PM

file_138880.jpg

here's the reason I haven't worked more on my characters. This is the art for my annual family Xmas card. Art by me, bad pun by the kids.

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 12:55 PM

Ha ha...Cool. I like the style. Nice work! Merry Xmas as well. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

hoborg ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 2:37 PM

Merry non-denominational, politically-correct holdiays to everyone! I love this time of year, (except for the impending doom on the ol wallet) with all it's love, warmth, family, finals week wrapping up. Ahhh... But I guess my main point is: I don't get the pun. It's not a flame on your artwork, or your kids, I just don't have a sense of humour, I guess. Does the eyepatch have something to do with it? Sorry. But I can't wait to find this out.:) Adam

graylensman ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 7:25 AM

I don't get the pun< Oops. Sorry. It's "The Nutquacker". My four-year-old is a ballet fan, and every two weeks (it seems) we watch one of the three tapes we have of "The Nutcracker", x-mas or no. And don't worry, I don't feel flamed. Sometimes it's easy for one to forget that the whole world is not necessarily in on the joke.

graylensman ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 7:34 AM

Oh- some more explanation for you, Adam: The little girl is Clara (or Marie, in some versions) and the duck with the eyepatch is her godfather, Herr Drosselmeyer. Herr Drosselmeyer is quite the eccentric inventor; and every Christmas he brings the most fantastic toys for the kids. But Clara is his favorite, and for her he makes a strange little wooden man that cracks nuts open with his teeth. Despite his unusual appearance, Clara is drawn to the little man. That night, while all others are asleep, the most magical things happen (including a battle between toy soldiers, led by the Nutcracker, and the sinister Mouse King and his rodent minions). If you are interested, check out the ballet with McCauley Culkin. He dances like a hammer, but the rest of the production is superb. Harder to find, but equally good, is the production by the Pacific Ballet company. The set and costumes were designed by Maurice Sendak. This production is a little darker in tone, but worth seeking out.

AzChip ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 9:20 AM

I get it! That's acutally quite funny. (But then I'm a sucker for bad puns....)

hoborg ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2000 at 11:38 AM

Honestly, I have seen it here in Seattle. The Northwest Pacific Ballet Production was excellent. It's one of the country's most renowned groups. We had fourth row seats, too. I guess the part I didn't notice was that the guy had an eyepatch. But thank you for taking the time to explain that. Hoborg

graylensman ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2000 at 7:39 AM

AzChip wrote >I'm a sucker for bad puns< Me too. Actually, I'm an incorrigable punster. So please don't incorrige.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.