Mon, Sep 9, 6:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: New animation

RealDeal ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 2004 at 7:58 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 12:09 AM

I'm hosting an poser animation for Terry Mitchell thats pretty darn cool; I don't know if he even IS a member of renderosity. But check it out, it's worth seeing. http://www.changestorm.com/godzilla

DefaultGuy ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 2004 at 9:13 PM

This should be a fun watch. I saw the screenshots of this animation last week and it looks hilarious!

DefaultGuy ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 2004 at 9:39 PM

I was not disappointed. Great animation! I like the 'after the credits' homage to another classic animation short.

Lawndart ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 2004 at 11:32 PM

Great cinematography in this movie. What a blast. I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 12:51 AM

Great stuff, loved the air guitar bit at the end :)

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 6:40 AM

Yeah, I'm a member here. I hope as many people as possible get to see it (and enjoy it too). I also hope that the detail I put into it comes across in the compressed versions (which had to be made from already-compressed material). Richard Travis did a tremendous job in converting what I sent him into mutiple formats that should make it easy to access to anyone regardless of your OS or media-viewing program. Thank you kindly, Richard. I also want to thank Scott Ayers for making that wonderfully funky Godzilla model, which always brought a smile to my face and just screamed out to be brought to animated life. And a tip of the 'ol hat to the other talented Poser-modeling artists without whose creations the animation would not have been possible. (BTW, I made every attempt to identify and properly credit all modelers of even the smallest article, but if I missed anyone, please email me and I will add your name to any future productions of this animation.) I had hoped to add more detail, like people and vehicles in the streets reacting to Godzilla's rampage, but a hard drive crash robbed me of the ability to make more edits to the surviving draft avi clip of the main segment (start to end of the "Godzilla" song). I back up every WIP now! I failed to added a note to the "bonus clip" at the end giving credit to professional animator Marv Newland's 1969 classic short animation feature titled "Bambi Meets Godzilla" that inspired this tribute to his masterpiece of understatement. It's an animation I did a few years ago (my very first attempt at animating) as I was sitting in front of the computer pondering how to animate in Poser, and my visiting graddaughter was watching Pokeman on TV. It prompted me to introduce that annoying Pikatyu to Godzilla. Feel free to use the animation in anything commercial ventures, but please let me know if you do use it for something so I can inflate my ego. Thank you all for the compliments.

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

3dlands ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 8:13 AM

Very Good! I was LMAO the whole way through, it's WELL worth watching! :-)

Andi3d ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 8:41 AM

ok, I must be doing something wrong, but every time I try to click on one of the video stream link, Windows Media Player tells me it's connecting and then asks for a username and password.....and I cant find any mention of what I'm supposed to enter HELP!!!!

"That which doesn't kill you is probably re-loading"

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 9:00 AM · edited Fri, 19 November 2004 at 9:11 AM

Richard, can you help Andi3D resolve this problem?

I also want to take this opportunity to apologize profusely to Andi3D (aka Andrew Rolfe) for leaving his name off the closing credits, and for mis-identifying Ed Baumgarten as "Ed Baumont". This embarrassing oversight is very upsetting to me because their city building models were used so extensively in the animation, and I really wanted to give proper credit to all modelers whose creations I used. I've asked Real Deal (who is probably tiring of my emails by now) to please add thnote of my mistake in the "Authors Notes" section on his website.

Ed and Andrew, please forgive this carelessnesss on my part. I only caught the error this morning, and Real Deal worked hard on processing the animation for posting. I promise to correct the mistake in any future release of the animation (which, for example, I hope to enter into some film festivals).

Message edited on: 11/19/2004 09:11

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

Andi3d ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 9:09 AM

heyas Terry, no worries at all mate, and no apology necessary, really. I am looking forward to seeing it, and I'm pretty sure that I'm just having a blonde day ;-) and that it's some mistake on my part that is currently preventing me from getting at it... many thanks, Andi

EdW ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 9:09 AM

That was really fun to watch... Nice job Terry Ed

softriver ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 9:14 AM

I love it! Especially the FBI warning (the effects are particularly great, too). One question, though. Is the music in public circulation, or did you have to spend out on sync rights?

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 9:17 AM

Thanks, Ed. As I stated in an earlier post, I just hope the streaming versions are of high enough quality (Richard worked hard with the already-compressed material I sent him to convert into the multiple streaming formats) to reveal some of the detail I was able to add before losing the source files in the hard drive crash. Details like the animated emergency and brake lights on the police car, the animated screens in the aircraft cockpits (like the "outside gun-camera view screen"), the exhaust from the arircrat engines (most obvious in the hovering attack helicopter scenes), etc.

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 9:20 AM

The sync rights are "in the mail".

softriver ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 9:31 AM

The sync rights are "in the mail". Those catalogue management services really need to get with the program and stop using the Albanian Postal Service, eh? Someday people might get fed up and just start using the music without permission, and chaos will reign. ;) Anyway, love the animation. Were all the fire effects added in post, or do you have a technique you regularly use from within Poser?

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 9:35 AM

Yeah, just waiting on Sony (copyright and music publisher) to tell me how to word the permission credits. The effects were added in post with a product called Particle Illusion by Wondertouch. A great, easy to use program.

DefaultGuy ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 9:37 AM

Hi Terry, Last night, I contacted a few people at Curious Labs to view your animation on RealDeal site. Of course, Tori, aka Starlet wants to contact you and get your user story.

Thorgrim ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 10:03 AM

That was great! I really enjoyed it. Well done.

softriver ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 11:27 AM

The effects were added in post with a product called Particle Illusion by Wondertouch. A great, easy to use program. If you can shoot me a link via IM I'd love you forever. =D We've been looking at AfterEffects, but the price point for a small studio is a bit on the high side, considering the limited amount of work we'd be using it for.

Andi3d ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 12:21 PM

file_143742.jpg

*sniffle* since everyone else is seeing it, I can only assume it's me....couple of images, in case anyone's got any ideas. This is what happens when i click on the Windows Media Link, low band.

Andi3d ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 12:22 PM

file_143743.jpg

and then...

RealDeal ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 12:33 PM

That is weird. andi3d, if you don't mind send me an e-mail to real@changestorm.com with some info on how you are accessing this; I have quite a few blocks of IP address's locked out due to spammers, maybe I accidentally added yours to the list. Unless other people are also getting this when they try to get the windows media version? It's the worst format anyway; I suggest the DivX version.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 1:44 PM

If you can shoot me a link via IM I'd love you forever.

I can direct you (and anyone else interested) to Wondertouch's site right here:

www.wondertouch.com

If you have Flash installed on your system, you should see various animated examples of particleIllusion's effects. I have an older version of the software, which I received for "free" on a magazine CD. One of these days I'll actually install it and start learning how to use it. If the blurbs are to be believed, particleIllusion has been used on feature films like Hellboy and Sky Captain.

Andi3d ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 1:53 PM

I have managed to see the animation now, and worth the wait it was. Absolutely brilliant Terry, why havent you been snapped up to work for someone like Rockstar Games? ;-) Side note, must be my system, because my brother and I share an adsl connection, through a router, and it works fine on his, all the same links as I was clicking. getting blonder by the minute

RealDeal ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 2:07 PM

Certain Proxy and NAT connections will prevent you from seeing the windows media version of the animation; all the other flavors are unaffected.

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 4:21 PM

You know, Andi3D, if I had life to live over again, I would have gotten into computer graphics, video special effects and animation from it's inception as I would have been prepping myself in the prior years with video, art and graphics training. I just love doing this stuff, but it's not my day job (I'm an energy consultant struggling to keep the bills paid month to month). That's why it took over nine months to make this thing (including a couple months lost to the hard drive crash), as I had only so much of my spare time to devote to it. If I win the lottery, the day job disappears in a heartbeat and I'll gladly spend most all of my waking hours learning computer animation and film making techniques, making tons of animation that are backlogged in my brain, and die a happy person. In the meantime, I'll just plod along best I can. Who knows, maybe someone will offer me an opportunity to work on a real animation project some day. It certainly does make me feel very good, though, to receive all the compliments I'm getting about the animation. (Almost brings a tear to my eye.) I get a kick out of knowing that other people can enjoy what I did.

Andi3d ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 4:29 PM

Terry, in the exceedingly unlikely event that I win the lottery, or get rich and famous out of doing 3d (wry grin), then you have an open job offer. Until not too long ago, I was a plumber. Due to certain events, I packed it in and took a gamble at supporting myself self employed doing 3d. It's a modest living, and I survive, just, but it's a damn good job I don't eat much normally ;-)

Baument ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 6:12 PM

No problems on the name Terry.....great job on the ani! Tickled to see the models put to good use......... Ed

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 6:21 PM

Ed, thank you for the compliment. Your models provided the ability to render a complex-looking city scene without bringing Poser to its knees. And 3Dland's and Andi3D's excellent city and factory building models provided the perfectly detailed foreground settings to be backdropped by your models.

danamo ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 6:45 PM

That's a brilliant little animation Terry! I agree, you are wasted in your day job,lol. Loved all the little humorous details.

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 6:50 PM

Thank you, danamo. But I've got a Harley-riding wife who knows too many big hairy bikers to let me quit my day job. :)

ScottA ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 7:47 PM

file_143744.jpg

Terry sent me a copy of his animation and I was really impressed with how much work he put into it. Anyone who makes animations will know how much work is involved in something this complex. That Godzilla model was done several years ago and was one of the first Poser models I ever made. It's not very good. And when I see it in action. I feel both proud, and also ashamed, at the same time. ;-) But it fits pretty well into the toy theme Terry used. Thanks for using it Terry. -ScottA Eagerly awaiting "Godzilla Final Wars" to hit the theaters. :-)

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 8:55 PM

And thank you for creating it, Scott. You have nothing to be ashamed about at all. Every time I saw your model it both brought a smile to my face and screamed out at me to be animated just the way it eventually turned out. It was the perfect model for what I envisioned, and obviously the centerpiece of the animation. He just looks so damn cool all animated like that! Now, hopefully, many others who may not have had the fun of seeing your model before can see him in action now, and I'm darn happy about that. You deserved that premiere billing in the opening credits.

mapps ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 10:08 PM

Curse Dial-up it won't load at all. I bookmarked it and will have to wait till monday at work to grab a look at it on the cable conection...pout I gotta wait all weekend to see it Sound awesome though Terry can't wait to see it.

Methastopholis ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 2004 at 2:05 AM

Yes Death To Barney sweet animation

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.