Fri, Sep 20, 11:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Den

Welcome to the Den Forum

Den F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:07 am)

Message1856454.jpg

This forum is for anything that doesn't fit into any of the other site forums.
If you need assistance here, please feel free to contact Moebius87, martian_manhunter or BazC.
Remember: The site's TOS applies here too, this isn't a no holds barred forum.
Please make sure to read this thread and the FAQ before posting here.

hide.gifEmoticons

Subject: Has this ever happened to you?

scoleman123 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 11:57 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:29 AM

i was sitting at school working on one of my Bryce crreations. my math teacher comes up to me to see what i am doing. then she askes me what i wante to do when i get out of highschool and i said i wanted to be a buisness man. by her reaction she thought i wanted to do graphics design. has this happened to any one else?

facebook.com/scoleman123

cableguy223 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 4:08 PM

no, comoputers werent around when I was in high school

cableguy223 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 4:09 PM

computers, sorry, fat fingers

Richabri ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 4:58 PM

It's funny how much things have changed. My kid's have had computers in their classroom since Kindergarden but when I was in High School (Class of '73!) the only computers around were monster machines that required being fed by reams of punchcards.

The only people who considered a career in computers then were hard core geeks complete with pocket protectors and slide rulers :)

When my Math teacher caught me making nude pencil sketches of the girls in class she didn't wonder if I was going to be doing graphics design but she was reasonably certain that I wasn't going to be a mathematician either :) lol :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 6:07 PM

Nope, had no computers in class when I was in HS...besides that, IF we had them & I was caught doing CG renders, I would have sent to the principals office & probably spanked with a paddle in addition to detention. Glad your learning math though >:(.

cableguy223 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 6:09 PM

we didnt even have calculators and had to walk five miles in the snow LOL

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 7:17 PM

LOL cableguy223...are you my dad in disguise???? ;). We had calculators, in fact mine had a little printer tape that was silver, however we weren't allowed to use them, I guess that's why I started failing math come 8th grade LOL.

cableguy223 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 7:30 PM

I got out in 73. Is that when your dad got out ? But seriously we did not have calculators, At that time they were big and bulky and only businesses had them

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 7:32 PM · edited Fri, 19 November 2004 at 7:36 PM

LMAO cableguy I was kidding...I got out in 78. The reason I said that, is that is what my dad would say to me if I bitched about anything.....Walking to school in the snow and a vast array of other 1 liners :) The only reason I had a mini calculator is that my dad was an engineer for American Can Company, he designed the bottle/canning conveyors for Coca Cola, so I got to "borrow" his work items for homework. That's why the teachers could never figure out why I got 100's on homework & failed tests.

Message edited on: 11/19/2004 19:35

Message edited on: 11/19/2004 19:36

cableguy223 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 7:45 PM

you got me good. I usually skipped math class and went to the mall( Yes they had malls back then people ) but always got back in time for art class

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 8:21 PM · edited Fri, 19 November 2004 at 8:23 PM

I skipped PE...I ALWAYS had "female problems" my mom bought that big time...it was always(when caught) ahhh poor baby, that's OK....you shouldn't be exercising at that time anyway ROFL!!!!!! Sorry if that was TMI, but I thought it was relevant :) Art class was only offered to us in any shape or form was in the 8th grade...all we had to do was draw those damn bowls of fruit & play with clay >:(

Message edited on: 11/19/2004 20:23

n3k0 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 9:52 PM

Sheesh, yes I did wear a pocket protector in high school, and my first computer was an Atari 800.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 9:57 PM

I used a Commadore 64 ;P as my 1st puter.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 2004 at 5:56 PM

There was no real digital stuff in my high school though I graduated in '98. I had one year of art and saw how undisciplined all the other students were and decided to focus on the science instead. Though in college, I did so much drawing for bulletin boards and advertisements as a resident advisor that my residents thought I was an art major...

jr221 ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 10:03 AM

I knew that I would study architecture since I was 9 years old. No one was surprised by what I was doing on the computer in high school, though I had no 3d abilities yet.

scoleman123 ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 12:02 PM

my first computer was a nentendo entartinmaint system. for some reason i wanted to be a graphics designer since i was 6. but i got to high school and then chanded to a buisness minded person. still i am stuck here in hell (high school) till '07. so things may change ;>

facebook.com/scoleman123

cableguy223 ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 12:34 PM

this has kinda turned into a walk down memory lane instead of a forum

scoleman123 ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 12:37 PM

and is that a problem?

facebook.com/scoleman123

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 6:13 PM

I like periodic walks down memory lane. Right now it seems like I spend most of my time cursing my puter, thinking no matter often I upgrade(it's been yearly for 3 years in a row now), nothing ever seems to be good enough to run everything I have. So sometimes the simpler days, are just the brief happy/uplifting moment I need :), to bring things back in perspective. Thanks for the happy walk :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.