Fri, Sep 20, 2:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:13 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Purchasing Problems!!

dayjo ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 2:15 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:33 PM

Is anyone else having purchasing problems, I amtrying to purchase a tutorial but everytime I click the checkout button I'm redirected to Rosity front page?!?!??!

Shoshanna ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 2:31 PM

So the staff can help you. Shoshanna

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 2:35 PM

We had some system issues a little while ago. They have been resolved. You should be able to checkout now. If you continue to have problems please let me know. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 2:43 PM

I am anyway.

Bez ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 3:07 PM

I can't purchase anything either :(

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 3:11 PM

We made some security changes in the way cookies are handled today. However, We are making sales to other customers without issues so it appears to be a localized problem on your end and not a system wide problem on our end. Are you letting your browser accept cookies? Clint

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 3:16 PM

Yup. My browser is set to accept all cookies.

ffabris ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 3:18 PM

Same here, cookies are allowed. I tried logging out of here and clearing all Bondware and Renderosity cookies, but it still isn't working.

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 3:18 PM

What OS and Browser are you using? Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 3:22 PM

Windows XP home, and whatever version of Mozilla browser that AOL has nowadays.

ffabris ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 3:23 PM

Mozilla 1.7.3 - Windows XP.

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 3:25 PM

I've asked for help from the programming staff... Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 4:18 PM ยท edited Mon, 22 November 2004 at 4:18 PM

The programmers suggested that you check the following:

1.) Make sure accepting cookies
2.) System date & time are correct
3.) Firewall / Anti-virus settings are not too aggressive.
4.) Using a browser not still in BETA stage of testing.

Clint

Message edited on: 11/22/2004 16:18

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ffabris ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 4:25 PM

I have not altered any of the above since making my last purchase here yesterday. My installed Mozilla is not a beta version.

Bez ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 5:01 PM

Still not working here, checked everything as listed, still can't buy anything,

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 5:06 PM

Hmm...Ok - I;m still 100% convinced its on the client end (your systems) since we are making sales from other customers. Now the big question....What is causing it. Are you logged into the MarketPlace when you go to Checkout? Is you member name displayed in the top left of the Renderosity header or are you listed as Visitor? "Welcome ClintH , Monday, November 22, 2004 17:06 CST (GMT-6), 1814 surfers currently online " Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ffabris ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 5:12 PM

Good question, but I can't refrain from noting that I have made MANY purchases here in the past. Yes, I am logged in. :-) Just to conter-verify, have you guys tried using Mozilla? I could give it a go with IE, just to check, much as I detest that browser. I'll let you know.

ffabris ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 5:18 PM

OK, same thing with IE: when I click on "Check out", I get redirected to the main page. I also tried disabling my firewall entirely, as well as disabling all anti-virus stuff, but nada, zilch, no can buy.

Bez ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 5:19 PM

I'm logged in - I can see me there..LOL, I've now removed Norton off my system, rebooted, cleared all cookies and still nothing, I'm using Exploder

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 5:28 PM

Ok, it looks like Internet Exploder works fine in my case. But I am really really really annoyed that I have to fire the damn thing up just to make a purchase here.

/end whine

ffabris ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 5:39 PM

What else do those of us with problems have in common? Browsers don't seem to be an issue, since neither of the two I tried work anymore. How about location? I'm in the UK.

Bez ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 5:44 PM

Me too Fabio, also using XP

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 6:17 PM

As a side note. Bez - I logged in as you from the office and was able to get to the checkout page without any problems. I'm on XP Pro with the latest version of IE. I also just checked the IP's for Bez and ffabris...your on differant subnets... I just tried Mozilla 1.6 (I think its a little old) and was able to get to the checkout page just fine. I'm hoping the programmers may jump in with some other suggestions. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ffabris ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 6:26 PM

Bez and I may be on different subnets, but we both geocode to to UK. dayjo, who began this thread, is also in the UK (per his profile here). However, bshafer is in Arizona, based on her profile on R'tica, so I suppose that theory goes out the window. Unless she's travelling.

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 6:35 PM

I tried another test. I let my browser sit on my shopping cart for close to 10 min without any other site activity. I then hit checkout and went right into the checkout page. I was actually looking for a timeout that would throw me back to the front page. No such luck. I'm going to keep digging on this. Will post back in a few. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 7:32 PM

Hi fab. :) Yep, sitting here in Az.

And it couldn't be the anti-virus if I was able to purchase in IE and not Mozilla, right?

shrugs Weird.

ffabris ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 7:50 PM

Hi to you too! :-) Yeah, that would speak against it being related to anti-virus software. The mind boggles.

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 8:32 PM ยท edited Mon, 22 November 2004 at 8:32 PM

Some code changes have been made.

Let me know if works for you now.
Thanks in advance.
Clint

Message edited on: 11/22/2004 20:32

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ffabris ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 8:36 PM

Yeeha! It works! :-) (But now PayPal is misbehaving... but that's not your problem.)

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 8:41 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply ffabris. If you need anything else please let me know. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ffabris ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 8:43 PM

Thank YOU for your help in getting this sorted out! :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.