Fri, Sep 20, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Textures and transparency

whoopdat ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 2:42 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:20 PM

file_139298.jpg

Howdy. I just recently stumbled into this community and am slowly learning this stuff. Been a fun investment thus far and I'm trying to broaden myself from just posing (nothing wrong with that, just saying) and have been fooling with textures and what not. Anyhow, this is just a quick little pseudo-transparency I whipped up (forgive the plastic look) and I'm essentially looking for feedback. Good/bad and reasons why/why not and suggestions for other stuff to try. That's it. Thanks. :)

Anton_Kisiel ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 3:00 AM

Looks good. Be careful, Poser has been know to be aall consuming. :)

voodooninjax ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 7:18 AM

Anton speaks the truth. I'm up to about 5 hours a day now ]:) I can't seem to stop myself. Whoopdat I'd say you are on the right track my friend. It looks good, as you progress, you will be doing extremely intricate transmaps, it is addicative. Voodoo

doozy ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 12:38 PM

What do you mean by "pseudo"? It's not an actual transmap?

whoopdat ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 12:58 PM

It's an actual transmap, but by pseudo I meant that I used a mesh so that it wasn't entirely transparent (the heart I mean). I thought it'd look better than a big ol' heart-shaped hole there. ;) Now I'm working on a texture for the shirt to get it to look less um...blah. Right now I have the heart appearing red while the rest of the shirt is whatever color you want. I'll be adding a border to the heart I think (just to see...) and then I'm going to go back and fix my miniskirt transmaps. Plus I'm working on something that marginally resembles a cut-off tanktop (with the bottom of it being frayed). I hope these come out okay, cuz if they do, I'll post them in case anyone wants them. Damn, and I thought just posing was addictive...damn textures. :)

thenodemaster ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 7:15 PM

Shoot! Look good. Yes, Anton is right! Poser is addivctive. But wait! There's more! Throw Bryce in there are you significant other will start complaining you love your digital mistress morte than her/him. Keep up the textures & trans maps. It is so interesting what you can do. Take a look in the Bryce forum for an image I posted looking for feedback. TTUL

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.