Sat, Sep 21, 12:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Hawk Moon

pstekky ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2004 at 2:34 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=817615&Start=1&Artist=pstekky&ByArtist=Yes

file_146136.jpg

Took the moon photo just the other night, and the Hawk was nice enough to fly over this afternoon. Both were OK alone, but together made a great image. Both taken with Canon's 20D digital with a Sigma 28-300 zoom lens The full sized one is sized to 1024X768 for use as computer wallpaper. C&C always welcome. :) Rich

Ravyns ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2004 at 9:19 PM

I really like this one pstekky. Lots of detail in the moon. Tried some night shots with my sony & all I got was blobs of white on black!!

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

pstekky ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 5:03 AM

:) Underexposed the moon quite a bit to get the brightness out. I think it was a 1/50 exposure. (The 300mm zoom lens didn't hurt either. :) The hawk was flying aroud during a completely overcast day, so the background was the pure white of the clouds. It looks like I spent a lot of time, but a simple crop and "multiply" to the layer to get ther white out. I'm looking forward to him coming back on a nicer day, but I couldn't have asked for a better pose. Directly overhead about 25 feet. Kept circleing letting me take photos over and over. Beautiful bird. Rich

Satanimus ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 6:33 AM

Moon... Sweeeeeet... :):)

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

Mivan ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2004 at 3:19 PM

If I recall correctly from my moon shooting days the slowest usable shutter speed is 1/8sec unless you have tracking gear. That was with a 100/300 Canon zoom and EOS 620. Much easier to download an image from google especially now that I am older, lazier and wiser(Cheap!). Mike

pstekky ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2004 at 5:24 PM

Aye, Even at 1/8, it's pretty close to blurring. I forget what shutter speed I had for this shot, less than or around a 20th if I remember right. (for the moon I mean) I just started playing with shooting night skies, and the first night I thought, "Hey, how about 30 seconds or a full minute to get the night sky nice and bright!" Wow, it's amazing how much stars move in 30 seconds! LOL I had a bunch of pictures with bright white streaks in them. Just ordered a motorized telescope that fits the camera though. It does track, so I'm looking forward to playing with that. I WILL be posting a few of those soon. :) (Ya just gotta love those toys!) Rich

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.