Sun, Sep 22, 10:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Noobish I know but...Conforming clothing to other figures?

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2004 at 11:12 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:39 AM

I know I read about how to do this before, but I can't find it now...Anywho, I haven't messed with clothes much since I mostly use animal figures, but now I've started using Aiko and Furrette 2, but I want to use other figures' clothes on them (Like MayaDoll's China Dress) How do you do that? I'm not talking about fitting the clothing either, I can do that. I mean how do you make it conform to the new figure without twisting and deforming strangely?

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 6:20 AM

If you have got the clothing to fit try this:-

• Set the figure at its zero pose. That is with all IK's off set all rotations and translations to zero. Including the BODY.
  • Export the clothing as an OBJ. Select the "Include body part name" and "weld" export options but no others.
  • Next open the figure's CR2 file up in a text editor. Search for "obj". There will be two instances. Edit each to point to your new clothing OBJ. Save as a CR2 file with a new name. This will be your new clothing figure.
  • Delete the original clothing, load your new and conform.

Now there are several things that may still not be right but its probably best if you get that far and we can take it from there.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 9:57 AM

Thanks, I figured out how to do it late last night and forgot to post ;) Thanks!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 11:50 AM

file_146840.jpg

If you have Anton's Spywear, I've done a partial refit for Furrette.

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 4:47 PM

I don't have it, but I'll look into it, thanks. :) And where is that tex/morph update you said you'd have up last weekend?? Hmm?? ;P j/k That's an awesome tex! One of these days I'll upload a Furrette pic...I haven't been inspired to do anything but horses lately >_< And my computer can't load more than 3 or so figures.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 6:55 PM

I've been somewhat busy of late. I'll try to post the tiger texture, nose morph, and bump maps this weekend.

To depict characters belonging to a couple of friends, I've also painted an "inverted" skunk texture and white rat texture (and refit one of BATLAB's freebie outfits to Furrette). Depending upon how they feel about it, these textures might or might not be made available.

http://img70.exs.cx/img70/5536/YawgSpin01a.gif
http://img64.exs.cx/img64/1861/YawgSpin03a.gif

Holly (MPEG-1 format, 1.58MB)

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2004 at 4:58 AM

Anton's Spywear is available from Daz, for Vicky 1 and 2, and is in the Platinum Club list. I picked it up a couple of weeks back. There's poke-through with Vicky on the legs and feet, but you can make the particular body parts invisible. That trick also works well when fitting clothes to another figure.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.