Mon, Sep 9, 4:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Aiko - texture crazyness

elgyfu ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 2:29 PM ยท edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 3:08 PM

OK. So why is Aiko only 75% compatible with Vicky3/Steph petite skins? Her legs remain untextured.

Now that is just awkward!

Message edited on: 11/25/2004 14:37

stephaniebt ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 2:49 PM

There's different material zones on the Aiko body map that are not present in V3 or SP. Just go to the Materials Editor and manually apply the body texture to the knees.

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 3:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=2019349

Netherworks just posted a mini-tutorial on how to make a new CR2 which will take all the MATs for V3 etc automatically :-)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

elgyfu ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2004 at 1:00 AM

Thanks. Still a little odd why they did that.

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2004 at 4:07 AM

I suspect they did it because they wanted to give Aiko more options in the material zones. Diane did a very nice stockings pack for Aiko based on those new material zones, for example. It's a pretty straightfoward thing to just manually apply the texture to the legs, though. ;) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

elgyfu ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2004 at 4:29 AM

Yeah, I guess I am just lazy!

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2004 at 5:54 AM

The lazy way is to buy textures made just for Aiko. (I like the lazy way myself.)

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2004 at 6:31 AM

Yeah, I guess I am just lazy! Heh, aren't we all! :-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

DominiqueB ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2004 at 9:13 AM

We are all lazy...that's why our Pose folders are swelling exponentially :-)

Dominique Digital Cats Media

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2004 at 1:20 PM

There are some folks out there who've been using Poser long enough that they know how to do everything from scratch. Heck those are some of the same pioneers who helped make Poser easier for simple-minded folks like myself to use. I'm grateful to them. Unfortunately, too many of them scoff at stuff like MAT Pose files, and anyone like myself who is lazy enough to use them: "Hey, you should be able to make your own models and textures from scratch, and apply all those textures by hand." Bah Humbug.

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2004 at 7:41 PM

Yeah, I'm oe of those people that was making stuff for Poser before MAT files. And while I don't scoff at people who can't, I do believe it's handy knowledge to give yourself in case new characters are introduced with extra material zones :)

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 12:19 AM

Don't get me wrong. I've been known to setup some texture arrangements myself, and then turn around and give the original artists the MAT Pose files I made!

Xena ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 12:28 AM

Me too Bobbie :) Some things are just SO much easier to use a mat file with. Funnily enough, I just had a question about a product of mine over at Daz, and I thought to myself "Now why didn't I make a mat file to do that?" LOL

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 6:10 PM

I may have said this before, but I'll take a risk and say it again. "I love your stuff, Xena!"

Xena ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 9:18 PM

Thanks Bobbie :)

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 11:09 PM ยท edited Sat, 27 November 2004 at 11:09 PM

You're welcome. I'm not sure if you meant this reference for your name: Your name reminds me of Xena, Warrior Princess. let's just say she set my heart afluttering.

Message edited on: 11/27/2004 23:09

Xena ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 11:36 PM

Yeap, she's the reason I began using Xena :) Although nowadays, because of my real name, even my friends call me Xee.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2004 at 10:17 AM

Kool. I was hoping you wouldn't be offended. I was having a few Coors Lites yesterday..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.