Fri, Sep 20, 4:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Pointelizar and Metamesh problems!!! Need Help!!!

alkart2003 ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 7:26 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 7:12 PM

I just got these new plugins for Carrara 4 and can't figure out how to use them. I've tried his sample tuts on the web site but I can't get them to do anything. I've put in a terrain used the pointelizar plugin in on it and used a sphere as my target. I move the sphere around and it doesn't do anyhting. The mesh does not deform. does anybody know the steps on how to do this and also I tried the metamesh on a particle system and nothing shows up. What am I doing wrong.

hotsteppa ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 12:48 AM

Sorry to take time getting back on this - not got them installed on C4 pro yet so had to go back to C3. Potentializer can behave in slightly odd ways, IMHO - It works out the deformation as soon as you finish typing in the settings, so if you don't get them in the right range you might not see a deformation happen. A quick way to get it to rethink the deformation is to click the 'permanent' button on and off. For animations, where it's most effective, just move your source object relative to the terrain, and adjust the Potentializer animation slider in the end keyframe. Having said this, the first time I tried to set this up, I got nothing, so I had to open a new file and put it together (probably something I missed, I'm sure...) Metamesh is a lot simpler. The main thing is to keep the mesh size setting small (about 0.1 often works for me) and set the 'mesh visible' checkbox. Mesh value affects the size of the blobs, and Range factor controls the distance over which blobs affect each other. Smooth angle affects the smoothness of the mesh. The only thing you may need to do is scrub the timeline back and forth if you change the settings in order to make Metamesh redraw. Hope that helps!

alkart2003 ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 6:49 AM

Thanks alot I'll try this out. Much appreciated!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.