Fri, Sep 20, 12:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Unknown error event

Yunas_Guardian ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 4:20 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:37 PM

This is would almost be amusing if it wasn't so irritating. Ironic might be a better to put it. Ok, I take several months off from Poser and when I come back my first attempt to render anything more than a square I get an error message I've never seen before. I'm still using P4 because, well, I have other interests that take up money so P5 is still somewhere down the line for me (if ever). The scene is not complex at all. Two figures (V3, mildragon) and a few planes/squares and 3 lights (2 spot, 1 global). The render starts normal as I remember, but when it gets to the global light I get the following error; "Couldn't complete the last command because an exception of unknown type was thrown. Result Code = -50" First thing is: what the hell does this mean? I have barely even touched my computer in the last 3-4 months. Did the computer boogeyman hack into it and edit some code or something? Best thing I can figure is something got corrupted but I want to ask here before I whip out everything for a complete re-install. I wouldn't know what specific file it could be but I'm hoping someone has seen this before. The only thing I've changed since I used Poser is installing innumerous updates for WinXP Pro. Could...that possibly have anything to do with it? I didn't see any new updates at CuriousLabs, so that can't be it. Anyway, any thoughts would be useful. I am probably going to have to re-install everything. Time to hunt down my P4 box. >.> Thanks in advance everyone.

bushi ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 5:04 PM

Ah! The dreaded error code -50! You use to see this one alot with P3 but not so often with P4. It's a catch all error code so has several different causes. If memory serves (like I said it's been a while with this one), one possible solution that covered several problems was to delete the Poser.ini and let P4 rebuild it. You'll probably want to save a copy of the .ini under a different name just in case.

Yunas_Guardian ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2004 at 5:02 PM

I tried this and it did not work. If nobody else has any ideas I will try to re-install, but argh...what a pain in the behind. Thanks for the suggestion, bushi. I wish it worked. I've never had this problem before.

Nightwing308 ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 11:33 AM

Okay, so I'm not the only one, pulling their hair out over this particular error message. The difference is, though, I'm getting it on Poser5 and only on one specific scene. I can render the same scene just fine when I delete the hair-props of the two figures. As soon as the hair is included, the render crashes! Why in the H*LL would hair-props cause an error???

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.