Sun, Oct 6, 12:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: I'm stumped, I need help with the new Aiko character!!!!

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 7:44 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:22 PM

I just got the free Aiko base over at daz3d and installed her. My problem is that when it starts to render it stalls out. I used only the default setups and it still won't render all the image. Tried it in the 'other window' at default size, and no go. The 'stop' button is greyed out when I try to stop it, and the only way to get out of it is to do CTRL ALT DEL. Can someone help me figure this one out? I asked over at daz, but no one helped, wrote a note to them, no answer, yet. So lost as to what I need to do or try. I'm using Poser Pro Pack4 on a PC, with 512MB memory. Thanks in advance -SeaC-

Imagination is the highest kite one can fly...

moochie ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 8:38 PM

Anything else in your scene, especially hair? What texture are you using? Any other programs open at the same time? How long was Poser 'stalled' for before you closed it? How much space left on your scratch disk? Have you defragged recently? Installed any new programs? All appropriate memory patches installed? Does Task Manager show Poser hogging the cpu? Does Aiko render with a different texture? That should keep you going for a bit. The only 'problem' I've heard of about Aiko is from newbs who have not had to manually assign textures before and get caught out by her legs.

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 9:05 PM

Defragged yesterday! No other programs open! Poser was stalled for almost an hour with only Aiko default settings, no added hair, (bald as a new born's butt) didn't add a texture, no added lights, no props, default all the way just a test run render to see how she looked, know what I mean?! :) Aiko doesn't render all the way in the "other" window function, that's the problem, and she's the FIRST character I've ever installed that did this. I've run lots of programs with V3 rendering at the same time and never had a problem with characters before!! As to the task manager, I'm not sure, never used it or just don't know what it is, nor do I know what the scratch disk space is. Oh yeah, I uninstalled and reinstalled just for fun to see if that helped, no go! I ran norton utilities for any problems, and that came out clean as a whistle, so got any thing else I might try? Thanks hon! -SeaC- :)

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 9:27 PM

Try redownloading the file from DAZ and see what happens. Hopefully that might do it.

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 9:41 PM

Thanks Cresent, I tried that already hon. That didn't work either! -SeaC-

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 10:27 PM

Have you tried deleting the Aiko RSR?

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 10:56 PM

randym, no I haven't tried that. I'll have to try that, thanks for the suggestion! -SeaC- :)

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 11:35 PM

with propack you can search your geometries folder for rsr files and delete them all, propack doesnt need them, they take up a lot of space and they can cause problems. But only delete the rsr files from the geometries folder because there is a file called poser.rsr that cant be deleted or poser wont work anymore.

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 12:16 AM

xantor, thanks for that info, I didn't know that! :( Wow there is so much to learn, not sure I will ever catch on to all the little tricks in poser! I'm certain I won't ever be able to figure some of it out!! Thanks very much hon for the help!!! Off to find these little rsr rascals! -SeaC- :)

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 1:18 AM

file_152261.jpg

Well, I deleted all the rsr files, but still no go with Aiko! Here is the screen shot of the render stalled out! Maybe this will show what's happening if some one knows more about this stuff than me. As y'all can see it's only default lights, default texture, and Aiko 3.0 LE base with no hair, no pose, no props!! WAAAAAHHH!!!!!!! pulls hair out!! Oh well I guess I'm stuck with just having fun with V3, and all the other GIRLs!! -SeaC- *sad*

moochie ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 2:30 AM

Hmm. Unusual problem for sure. It feels like a RAM issue. Aiko shouldn't cause this, unless you've selected an extraordinarily high dpi render setting, or there's a physical problem with your RAM. I use a free little app called RamIdle (use Google to find a copy). It not only monitors what spare RAM capacity I have, but also clears unneeded RAM as I go along. Dunno if you've got something similar under that censored part next to your clock. There are several apps for testing your RAM. There is a little app called Aida32 (Google again) that is brilliant for testing and identifying stuff like that. If you have two RAM chips, for instance, but one of them is failing or has the wrong clock speed, or isn't seated properly or sommat, it'll spot it. Task Manager is just a basic Windows utility, accessed from the Ctrl+Alt+Del panel (in most versions of Windows). Open it and click on Processes, then click once (sometimes twice) on the 'CPU' sub-heading. That tells you what is using your cpu. Good luck.

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 3:01 AM

moochie, the render was only at the default level of 72dpi in the 'NEW WINDOW'! As for my censor it's only to cover my safety nets. LOL Can't be to careful on some things, if you catch my drift. S I'll check out the items you suggest on Google, and reseat my Ram Chips to see if that's what is causing trouble! Might be that, but if that was it then my other renders would be stalling out also, I think, and I've had no problems with anything else!! I think I know what your telling me about the Task Manager, not certain, but maybe my husband will know. I do have an app for checking memory, it's Mem Tester. Maybe you know this one? I haven't run it, just plain forgot about that little helper to be honest. I'll give it a go and see what happens! Thanks again hon!! -SeaC-

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 3:08 AM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/

I rendered aiko 3 LE okay at 4000x4000 pixels. Do you have the sr3 for propack? if you don`t you can get it at the link under downloads updates and documentation.

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 3:18 AM

xantor, thanks for the link! I don't have the sr3. I tend to forget to check for updates and patches and things. I'm always so busy with one thing or another, completely forget about the little things that help with newer products!! Thanks again!! -SeaC- :)

rockets ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 9:12 AM

I didn't know there was a sr3 and the curiouslabs link doesn't appear to be working.

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 12:14 PM

There is an sr3 for propack and the curiouslabs link works for me ok.

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 2:31 PM

Wow that was the slowest download in history for that dang sr3 thingy, and the curious lab site was down for hours and slow as molasses in an icehouse!!!! Now that I've gotten it downloaded, what folder or where do I install it to make use of it?! Thanks -SeaC-

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 2:44 PM ยท edited Mon, 06 December 2004 at 2:50 PM

The stalling certtainly has the sound of a memory problem, but it's hard to be sure without more details, particularly the Windows version. Aiko, alas, is a huge character, like all the current generation of DAZ 3D people. That's partly why I went for Vicky 2. Aiko, currently free, is worth using as a test.

As for running the SR3 pack, I can tell you that the Poser 5 packs I've had all are zipfilss containing a single large executable file. You might have to manually find the Poser directory if it asks, but that's all. Unzip to a convenient empty folder.

Certainly the SR packs for Poser 5 made a huge difference.

Message edited on: 12/06/2004 14:50

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 2:56 PM

No, the CL site has had major problems today. It's been up and down like a yo-yo, and when it's up, it's frequently been extremely slow. (And I have broadband!)

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 3:21 PM

Antonio, specks for my PC are as follows. AMD Athlon 1800+, 2 sticks of 256MB of PC2100 DDR RAM = 512MB, 64MB Video card, 2 hard drives, one 13GB western digital and one 40GB maxtor, both about 50% full!! I need to add more RAM probably, but right now I can't allowcate any extra money for my poser hobby, if you know what I mean!! LOL I suppose I'll just have to do without Aiko unless this sr3 helps. Just doesn't make sense that all the other high end V3's render perfectly with props and stuff added, but I suppose that's the idiosyncs of a computer!! Thank you ALL for your help!! I'll just wait and try to upgrade my RAM, then see what happens!! (HUGS) -SeaC- :)

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 3:29 PM

Yes, I know what you mean about the money. You're not so different from my machine. I think in my case it was likely the video drivers, since Poser doesn't really hit the fancy video features, but I did find a video card upgrade improved things a lot -- the previous card was getting pretty old. But if you're doing OK with V3, I reckon you should be OK with Aiko.

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 6:04 PM

Antonia, I mis-stated my video card specs. I forgot that I upgraded to a new 128MB G-Force video card. My darling husband informed me of my error!! LOL Thanks ALL -SeaC- :)

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2004 at 4:09 AM

The sr3 is ran like any other installer you doubleclick on it then follow the instructions, of course you should make sure that poser isn`t running when you install the sr3.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.