Thu, Sep 19, 3:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: How Do You Make A Scene Animate In Bryce?

zippyozzy ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 11:17 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:06 PM

Hello, new here. After playing around with Bryce for over a week, I manage to make a few scenes for my animation short. Now I just need to figure out how to bring them altogether and make a short out of it. Any tutorials or tips or tricks that I could use to make it easier? Thanks. I used my poser4 models as imports.

Message edited on: 12/05/2004 23:20

Kemal ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 11:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cadtutor.net/dd/bryce/anim/anim.html

Hey, what's up ? :D Check this link out, did help me a lot, in original Bryce manual there is some talk about Advanced Motion Lab (which, I suspect, you do not have, if you bought it from DAZ). I would not suggest using it untill you did couple animations in regular mode, unless you have some previous animation expirience ! :D I admire your will to do it, never liked Bryce animation capabilities cuz it does not include natural forces (like gravity), good luck and have fun !!! :D Welcome to the forum :)

Kemal ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 11:36 PM · edited Sun, 05 December 2004 at 11:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.datamike.com/susu.htm

To add this to what I said in previous post, animating poser models is almost impossible without help of external software like "Susanna" (see link above) ! :)

Message edited on: 12/05/2004 23:37

pogmahone ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 1:15 AM

Not quite sure what you want to do.....have you rendered your animations already, and now you want to dice and splice? My WinXP came bundled with Windows Movie Maker, that would do editing etc.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 3:20 AM

Attached Link: Zippy's Homepage

Thanks for the tips. I'm trying to create a storyboard 3D animation short in Bryce. I'm getting hooked on it. I'm just trying to do a little cartoon short. I have some image renders on my site. I haven't laced all the scenes together just yet. I'm trying to get my characters arms and legs to move in the scene. I posed my character model on my frontpage. Haven't rendered the animation just yet. Taking me hours just to do the storyboard! How can you make an armor a leg move? I'm guessing I have to ungroup the objects to do that??? thanks will checkout the links. My site is still brand new but am in the proces of making some freebies for it. I use XP also. ;)

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 4:50 PM

You cannot animate Poser characters in Bryce alone, you need the Susanna app. linked to by Kemal in reply no 3 above.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 11:05 PM · edited Mon, 06 December 2004 at 11:10 PM

ok thanks. I cant afford to pay for any other software tho. Bryce was given to me by a friend of mine who upgraded to another 3D program and I don't have a top of the line laptop with all the bells and whistles or the room to add anymore programs. I've been ungrouping the objects to get them to move around in the scene, seems to work. I'll just use movie maker for the aimation part.

Message edited on: 12/06/2004 23:10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.