Tue, Oct 1, 11:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: I need somewhere to host a freebie

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 2:22 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 11:18 PM

file_152956.jpg

I have this harley davidson motorbike that I converted to work in poser and I need a site to host it. The original is from 3dcafe.com so I RTEncoded it.

Becco_UK ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 3:21 PM

The bike looks like a potential bandwidth killer for modest sites in the first month or two of being available for download. What is the file size? Do you need permission from the original author (even with the RTEncoding)?

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 4:00 PM

The file size is 2.83 megabytes. I dont know who made the object so I cant get permission, I emailed 3dcafe and got my e-mail returned. With the RTencoding the original object (from 3dcafe)is needed to use the poser figure.

cedarwolf ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 5:44 PM

Boy, I sure hope this gets straightened out so I can get one of these....keep me posted on what's going on with this please?

Becco_UK ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 6:38 PM

If you get written permission to modify and distribute I'll give you a 750 number of downloads. Alternatively, you may wish to consider Renderosity's very reasonably priced file locker service.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 10:27 PM

If it's a freebie and you just need a way to link to the Free Stuff area, I have plenty of storage (free) and no download limitations (T1). Give me an IM if you still need a host and we can make arrangements. Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2004 at 3:32 AM

I checked the 3dcafe file, there is no mention of the maker of the bike in the nfo file. :( I have sent a new e-mail to 3dcafe asking about the file and am waiting for their answer.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2004 at 3:39 AM

The newer e-mail was bounced. I sent the e-mail to the address in the zip for 3d cafe. The first time I e-mailed them I sent it to the contact info address for advertising and that bounced, too. Now I don`t know what to do...

slinger ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2004 at 9:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.planit3d.com/index.htm

If you get the legals sorted out then give fitzy a shout over at PlanIt 3D, we'd be happy to host and promote it.

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.