Thu, Sep 26, 4:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 12:28 pm)

Subject: Urg

Svigor ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2004 at 1:25 PM ยท edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 7:44 PM

I started up P5 yesterday and it was corrupted so I reinstalled, stupidly assuming that P5 wouldn't stupidly delete all my 3rd party content. Apparently it leaves everything in the Downloads folder alone. My question is, can I install the DAZ morphs in the Downloads folder, and have them accessible to other 3rd party content that uses them? My guess is no. If my guess is right, what else should I install in the Runtime folder? Can I get away with just putting the DAZ morphs in there, and everything else in the Downloads folder? That way I'll only have to back up a single folder when I have to reinstall.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2004 at 1:36 PM

I've reinstalled P5, and it hasn't deleted my 3rd party content. What it does do is lose all the connections to alternate runtimes. So you have to add all your runtimes to your library again.

Svigor ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2004 at 1:46 PM

It deleted the content. The folders are all gone (and I don't mean just in the P5 browser). I'm not really that upset about it, as it's sort of a mixed blessing - I've been meaning to clean out a ton of crap that I don't use, but the job seemed to onerous to mess with. Now instead I can just reinstall the stuff I use.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2004 at 3:28 PM

Interesting. Where did you have the other runtimes?

The !DAZ folder has to be in the main runtime. The other stuff can go wherever you want.

And I know what you mean about that mixed blessing thing. That was why I was willing to risk reinstalling. I was almost hoping it would nuke all my runtimes, so I'd be forced to start over, and be better organized. But it didn't.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.