Sat, Sep 21, 2:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Ok, I am ready to take on Poser ................. I think!

barrowlass ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 2:43 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:44 AM

I've made a figure (kind of), and want to export her to PSP 9 to see if I can play there. However, the exported file is very blocky, even tho' I'm using the highest quality JPEG. Would exporting it as a psd file be better? thanx in anticipation .......... you're gr8 folks for helping a newbie like me (nothing like a bit of schmooze)

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

SndCastie ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 2:57 AM

Go into your render options and up the dpi that might help and I always render it in a new window and at 300dpi and larger then I want to get a better quality. you have to play with it.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

sixus1 ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 3:26 AM

Make sure anti-aliasing is turned on.

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 3:48 AM

If you render at 300dpi then you may find the file too big to cope with and you won't be able to upload to here because it'll be too big. Stick to 75 dpi for now. I don't understand when you say you've "exported" to psp. When you render an image you would normally do a "save as" and then put the jpg somewhere and then open it from within psp. You really shouldn't have a blocky image if you're rendering correctly. As a thought, have you used "draft" or "production" when you render. If you've used "draft" which is the default poser setting then that could be your problem. You need to make sure that you have selected "production". This is a mistake I made as a beginner. Good luck, if you need to know anymore let me know!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

barrowlass ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 6:08 AM

thanx everyone for the great advice - when I've made a decent fist of it I'll upload my file. I'm more than grateful for any tips etc. Poser is a completely different concept from psp I guess - but everyone has to start somewhere I reckon. Back to the drawing board. cheers

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

lemur01 ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 6:09 AM

I render at 2000 x 2000 then save as a tiff file, gives you more scope. Jack

dayjo ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 6:50 AM · edited Sat, 11 December 2004 at 6:52 AM

I render at 1500 x1500 then save it as a bmp, do postwork, then resize image to maybe 1200 x 1200 then do a batch conversion and save it as a hi res jpeg, I uses PiantShopPro 9 and Photoshop CS.

Message edited on: 12/11/2004 06:52

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 7:47 PM

Saving as a tiff will definately help you.

Pony10 ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 11:40 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_155007.jpg

Thank you all for this information. I think that is what has happened to me. I use Poser 4.03 and PSP 9 and this is what I have been getting. I will try the same steps to see if it helps.

barrowlass ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2004 at 2:51 AM

thanx everyone. I'm going to copy and past this thread and print it off - then I can follow the advice much easier - this ol' brain doesn't work quite as well as it used to, lol

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.