Mon, Oct 21, 11:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: How to "fit" hair to another character?

Jovial ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 12:53 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:30 PM

Hi,
I am trying to fit various hair (e.g. Kozaburo) to Solondra III. It seems really difficult and I just wanted to know if there is an easy way to do it before I give up and just use P5 dynamic hair instead. Thanks for any advice/hints you can offer.
Regards from,
Jovial.

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 2:15 PM

You have to play with the scaling and the x-y-z trans. Once you have it in place, save to the library.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 4:48 PM

rotate x, rotate y, rotate z, scale, trans x, trans y, trans z..no, not that much..trans back on z, rotate x, rotate x some more..no, now it's crooked..;) something like that? it's how I do it..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 5:57 PM

file_155574.jpg

I'm not the GEEPster but here goes a mini-tutorial. Read the pictures :)

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 6:00 PM

file_155575.jpg

What to do?

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 6:01 PM

file_155576.jpg

Keep reading....

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 6:04 PM

file_155577.jpg

Just a bit more....

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 6:05 PM

file_155579.jpg

Not bad but...

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 6:14 PM

file_155581.jpg

Yes!

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 8:08 AM

If you're using Poser 5, switch to the P4 render engine while you're doing this sort of thing. It gives you an image much more quickly when you need to check.

dlfurman ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 10:50 AM

I also forgot a step. SAVE THE CHARACTER OR HAIR TO THE APPROPIATE LIBRARY! (Just so you dont have to do this again :) )

Totoro3D ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 1:54 PM ยท edited Tue, 14 December 2004 at 1:57 PM

Before twitting yourself, you could also like to check out the Hair Kits by Netherworks:
http://www.netherforums.com Edit: Yes I am stupid, there is probably no kit for this character, just ignore me ;)

Message edited on: 12/14/2004 13:57

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.