Sat, Sep 21, 12:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: Zone Alarm and Poser 4

ringbearer ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2000 at 9:57 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:36 AM

I recently installed Zone Alarm, now when I start Poser 4 (Curious Labs), I get a message asking if I want to allow Poser executable file to access the internet. I keep telling it no, because I'm mystified why Poser would need to access the internet. Anyone else have this problem or should I contact Curious Labs? Thanks!

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

Jarek ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2000 at 10:01 PM

Every one has this problem...the new (4.03) update checks if there is another copy of poser running on the network (look through archive messages)...in other words tell it not and tell Zone Alarm to remember this (that way it will never ask you again)...

ringbearer ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2000 at 10:04 PM

Thanks for the really quick reply. Guess I was just a little paranoid. So, if we did not have our computers networked it would not ask? I'll check the archives. I did a search earlier but guess I did not search the archives. Thanks again for the quick response.

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2000 at 10:17 PM

Once you install Zonealarm you find out just how much goes on that you don't know about....lol We all got a lil paranoid on that one though. Marque

ringbearer ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2000 at 10:31 PM

Tell me about it!! I can't believe all the stuff that tries to get through. I just finished reading the thread on ZoneAlarm and the CL patch. WOW! What a mess that must have been. Thanks for helping me out!

My Gallery

HybridSoul ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 3:00 AM

a little not zonealarm might be good and all for telling you what is going on but it is useless in what it is spose to do and protect your computer norton is the best and about 99% of programs now access the internet to get updates so i owuld infact tell it to let poser to access the internet thou this is just my opinion

whoopdat ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 3:20 AM

I'll stick to my opinion that Norton products suck ever since they've made them for 9x, so, phooey on Norton. Anyhow, Poser has no need to access the internet, therefore, don't let it. Technically speaking, it's not (supposed to be) getting out onto the great wide internet, but rather doing a local scan (as in, your LAN), so there's no need to be paranoid really (although believe me, I understand being a little paranoid at first :)). It's just trying to check that you're not installing it everywhere. Save yourself a headache later on and turn all of its access off, as it does not update itself (and in no way, shape, or form do 99% of programs do that). Just cleaning up facts (aside from my mini-rant about Norton crap). :)

Jarek ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 5:01 AM

I say spent the $40.00 and get the pro version...it rocks... I know i did and am not sorry at all...On cable/DSL you need some sort of protection...and i say this is it ..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.