Tue, Sep 24, 5:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:06 pm)

Subject: The Endless Glowing Nostril Saga

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 3:53 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 9:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=834464&Start=1&Artist=mathman&ByArtist=Yes

All, I have recently made a posting to the gallery, and have got a comment about the glowing nostrils. The problem is that I am already using Morphworld30's nostril no-glow prop. The character is M2, and I added the no-glow prop for M2. I also checked that the props were in the right place, ie up his nose. Furthermore, I checked that the visible box was checked in the properties. I also tried fixing it in postwork, but it was a disaster. Can anyone suggest why the no-glow prop isn't working for me here ? thanks, Andrew

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 4:43 PM

file_155894.jpg

I have noticed that when some face morphs are applied the NoGlow prop does NOT follow the nose, Poser will only affix it to the HEAD XYZ so when a morph moves the position of the nose then the NoGlow has to be moved manually to assure it is still aligned with the nose. Not sure if this is what is happening with your image but worth looking at. I usually switch to wire frame mode and move in REAL CLOSE and then adjust the NoGlow's X-Y-Z to assure it is still covering the nostril opening, also sometimes need to adjust it's size depending on the face/nose morph used. And then switch back to Texture and Smooth modes and get another view. It does work and works well for me but does need adjusting if the nose moves during morphing...

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 7:12 PM

Igohigh, this is a very good point. I will test it when I get home (currently at work).

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 10:09 PM

this is like picking your nose and watching in the mirror.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 11:30 PM

Well its a good thing that there are no glows emanating from the backsides of Poser models ....

superBadGirl ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 11:15 AM

Ah, but have you posed one in that position, to make sure? I myself have not. And I think I will skip it. :-p

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.