Fri, Sep 20, 10:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Tablet suggestions for my Poser post work?

whoopdat ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2000 at 7:47 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:22 PM

Hi. I know some of you are using tablets for your drawing and such, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest one (or three, whatever) that are pretty good and not outrageously expensive (few hundreds bucks, give or take a little). I think it'd probably be a lot more efficient than trying to use a mouse for my post work. TIA. :)

the3dwizard ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2000 at 8:06 PM

I use Wacom's Graphire. It is small, but with the USB I can easily move it between my laptop and desktop. Also it has a mouse and a pen. I like moving between the two for different tasks.

JackBeNimble ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2000 at 9:27 PM

I swear by Wacom Intuous. There is nothing like a Wacom for digital precisness as well as pressure sensitivity. I have a 12 x 12 board and I think they are about $400. If you've never used one before you might start out with the 3x5 (I think that's the size). While smaller, you can still move all over the drawing area, just is more difficult byut the price is only about $125. Either ay, you can't go wrong. Good luck!

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 9:22 AM

i use a wintime "paint pal" 5x3.7" workspace does the job and its alot cheaper than wacom i looked into wacom and the small pad is close to $200 this thing here has all the same features and it was only like $80 bought it new at a computer show though... http://www.wintime.com.tw and if your in the states check out locations for a computer show at http://www.marketpro.com might even find something better who knows jeff

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 10:43 AM

I use an Intuos in my day job and a Graphire at home. They are indistinguishable in response and most features and in fact use the same driver. I assure you the difference does not justify the price tag of an Intuos (which falls under the category of "My department's paying for this, not me"). Buy the Graphire, if only because it has the same footprint as a mouse pad.

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 10:43 AM

I use an Intuos in my day job and a Graphire at home. They are indistinguishable in response and most features and in fact use the same driver. I assure you the difference does not justify the price tag of an Intuos (which falls under the category of "My department's paying for this, not me"). Buy the Graphire, if only because it has the same footprint as a mouse pad.

smallspace ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 12:01 PM

I think it needs to be said that Poser is not the best of programs when it comes to tablet response. It was designed around mouse support, and the controls tend to be overly sensitive and difficult to properly operate when using a tablet. Dial values tend to spin out of control and cameras overshoot their marks. Although I use a tablet on most every other program (Acecad Acecat III) I stick to using a mouse with Poser. -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

whoopdat ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 12:08 PM

Thanks for the responses folks, I may look into getting a Wacom Graphire (found them for $74, so that's pretty reasonable). It seems like it'd be a good one to start with for me. Smallspace, I wasn't planning on using it in Poser, just for post work. ;) Painting is a pain with a mouse, not to mention I suck at it. :) Again, thanks to everyone for your input, it really helps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.