Fri, Sep 20, 3:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: File Locker Question

mglant ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 6:35 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:50 AM

I recently subscrbed to File Locker Plus. I intend to use it to pass large files off to a partner as we work on video shorts together at a distance. He is on the road a lot, but motels/hotels have broadband so he can pick things up. I got a 25MB file to load, but a 250MB avi file seemed to choke the system. Is this just the limitation of the http type upload and download? I have been told large files such as this should likely be ftp downloaded. So should I migrate to the Webpage service? Can I switch without a full month's charge since I just signed up last night?

SO many questions and so little time!
Thanks,
Mick Glant

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 8:15 PM

Hi Mick, I will have to check with JenyK (general manager) about this when I get in to the office in the morning. I will let you know as soon as I have your answers. Thank you, Stacey Renderosity Admin

mglant ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 10:43 PM

Thanks, I did subscribe for the Standard Web Package. So just let me know. M. Glant

tutone1234 ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 9:31 AM

Mick - files greater than 25-30MB will usually be too large to upload through a web form, even on broadband. The best solution for files that size would be to have a place you can upload via ftp. Tommy Renderosity Programmer

JeniferC ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 12:51 PM

Mick, If you go ahead and unsubscribe from the file locker plus, I will not charge you anything for month of Dec. November's fees were just charged on 12/2/04. Your web acct is activated now. Please let me know if you have any questions with using the web shell (it's very similar to ftp). Your partner will need the url, the username and password for your web shell area to get the files. Thanks, Jenifer

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.