Tue, Sep 24, 5:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:06 pm)

Subject: Comic art effect - male pinup

Dave ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 12:14 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 5:56 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_157966.jpg

Originally rendered this setup in Poser and then messed around with it in Photoshop. Was a nice image, but then I wanted to test out this tutorial I had found to do a comic art effect. Comments?

Tutorial can be found here:
http://www.macmerc.com/sections.php?op=printpage&artid=209

Dave

Message edited on: 12/17/2004 12:14

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 1:05 PM

Wow. I love the effects (and the pose and the guy). Really nice job.

Dave ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 1:18 PM

Thanks...

superBadGirl ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 1:38 PM

Awesome tutorial, thanks for the link. The image is hilarious. My fave thing to do is apply sleazy vicki poses to the freak - makes you realize how ridiculous they are ;-)

Dave ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 1:59 PM

Wasn't intended to be funny. Glad you gotta chuckle anyways. Too each his own I guess.

GothKurlz ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 2:10 PM

actually it's very nice. but I did get a little chuckle out of the butt tat, very cute ;O) ---Essie

superBadGirl ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 2:44 PM

Oh, I didn't mean to insult you. I am not into boys, so any "sexy" male image is gonna make me chuckle. I think it's a great image, and IMHO you did a better job making it "comic-esque" than the tutorial, even.

tonymouse ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 3:27 PM

Very cool! keep it up. Tony

CraigMunden ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 5:51 PM

Great work!

And thanks for the link.

I agree with sflayer in one respect - you have improved on the effect in the tutorial.

Keep up the good work :-)

rowan_crisp ( ) posted Sat, 18 December 2004 at 8:29 AM

Give me spoon, I wish to eat him. Great work, great use of that effect. And great subject matter. RC :)

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 18 December 2004 at 11:04 PM

Great figure and pose. TERRIFIC line work but the color has that weird translucent quality that Photoshop tricks can give. I would float up the blacks to a new layer and remove them from the color layer then run the Cut Out filter on the colors and then paint bucket to "de-anti-alias" then slight blur to "re-antialias" or maybe distort anotropic or whatever the heck that filter is called that smoothes things out. Maybe you should try linniar gradiantiants into selections for the color but really I think they just have that filter look and you shouls eith paint them in with a hardbrush or make straightline selections and fill them. Looke realy good though but you were asking for advise to be even better :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.