Mon, Sep 9, 5:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Material Node Editor

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 10:48 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 6:36 AM

Do you like the way you edit materials with the material node editor in Vue 5. I am hoping material editing will stay simple in Vue Infinitie when it comes out. Node editing has gone way over my head. :)

ïÏøçö

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 12:52 PM

Nope not to happy with it myself....I'm still trying to figure how to say no NOISE...you know to get rid of those hideous water lines...I finally found noise...but not an option for NONE....also have yet to figure out how to use my own pics for bumps maps :(. Oh well.....

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 1:14 PM

All of us Poser5 hondos are hoping that E-On will INCREASE the power of Vue with regard to node-based materials and procedurals so it is more compatible with Poser and we can pass complex shaders thru from Poser. Power has it's price, and it's worth it. ::::: Opera :::::

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 1:26 PM

I figure the best way to learn(if I can find the time)..is too pull up a scene already created from the Vue disc & look at the nodes there.

miden1138 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 1:38 PM

Dlk30341, I actually just figured out how to use an image as a bump map in Vue 5 the other day. I'll send an explantion when I get home if you want (not at my own comp). Send me an IM and let me know Mike

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 1:41 PM

Mike can you post so the rest of us will know how also. I am for learning anything I can about the new features in Vue 5.

ïÏøçö

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 2:17 PM

I probably shouldn't say this but I love the node editor. The best way I found is to just go in there and play with a sand scene or water scene just by making changes and seeing what they look like. After a while you should get a feel for it. When you see a change you like, note if something is increased or decreased. Change one parameter at a time. A little bit of experimenting will go a long way. Paula

Don_Cook ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 2:22 PM

file_160514.jpg

I guess I must be blind I only see an advanced material editor that I find very easy to use. How do you get into the node editor? Thanks :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 2:32 PM

Click on the advanced material editor button(at the top)...you are in the basic editor:)

Don_Cook ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 2:46 PM

Clicking on the advanced editor button takes me back to the basic material editor now I am really confused. The image you see is my advanced material editor in Vue5. :)

Don_Cook ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 2:51 PM

file_160515.jpg

Ahh I see it now my mistake you are right however I still find adding a pic for a map very easy to do. Thanks for you help. :)

Don_Cook ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 2:57 PM

file_160516.jpg

This is much fun with a lot more control over materials thanks for pointing it out to add noise see image. Thanks again. :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 2:58 PM

What you have displayed is the basic editor. When you click on the advanced tab...your screen will now look like what it did in Vue4. After you are back that screen...right click on the pic on the bottom....then click edit function...you will then the nodes. If you can give me a few I'll post a screen shot...right now I have backups running & am on my hubbies machine :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 2:58 PM

LOL - I see you got it :)...too late again...hehehehe

Don_Cook ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 2:59 PM

BTW to have no noise load a blank map from the func list. Hope this will help. Take care

Don_Cook ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 3:01 PM

Thanks again for the help this really opens up the material options for me off to redo a few projects that I am working on. Merry Christmas!!

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 3:07 PM

Thanks Don.....You've helped me as well...Will have to toddle around in there later :) Merry Christmas to you as well :)

miden1138 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 4:01 PM

Well there you go! Don Cook got it. That's how you add an image as a bump map in Vue 5.

aeilkema ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 5:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.darksim.com/html/download_simbiont2.html

The node editor is way over my head too. I've played a lot with it, but don't seem to get the hang of it at all. I'll stick to the basic editor. Brings me to a thought, I'd love to see Simbiont 2.5 shaders implemented in Vue 5. I've been using those with Hash Animation:Master and TrueSpace for years now. Easy to use and lovely results.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Singular3D ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2004 at 7:55 AM

Didn't know much about the node editor, but I have started to work with nodes in Poser5. The possibilities are almost endless. I love to render with Vue5. Especially outdoor scenes. Unfortunately I could not transfer the complex P5 materials to Vue and so I never used them until yet. Maybe I can get near to the P5 materials with the node editor. This sounds promising. Think we need some kind of best practice report.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.