Mon, Sep 9, 5:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Glitch running the Real SkinShader

lululee ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2004 at 11:41 AM ยท edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 5:04 AM

Does anyone know why I am getting this errot? I know this is my my glitch, not the products. Selected figure is Figure 1 Incidence Light = Light 3 converting from infinite to spot Generating nodes Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 786, in ? File "", line 544, in GenerateNodes IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'RuntimelibrariesposeSkinShaderTemp.pz2'

richardson ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2004 at 12:30 PM

I've gotten it on a few occations. Not sure but I think your lightset needs to start with at least one spot (see how it converted) and at least 1 virgin (lol) figure that has not had skins switched out in the matroom >before< you hit the shader. That I found will pull an error. Glad you picked this up! It is hard to go back once you've used it. face_off is off for a few days

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2004 at 1:25 PM

i have also gotten that exact error once or twice. I honestly don't know what caused it. I closed out of Poser, maybe even rebooted, and on resume all was well. ::::: Opera :::::

Singular3D ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2004 at 4:38 PM

Well, I got another error. Selected figure is Figur 1 Incidence Light = Lichtquelle 1 Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 785, in ? File "", line 120, in SetupLighting poser.error: Figur hat keine Darsteller mit diesem Name I'm working with a German Poser Version on a PC. I have no idea what's wrong here.

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2004 at 5:38 PM

face_off will not be resonding for a few days, singular. He is on vacation. Most of us can't help you with these particular errors. Did going out and coming back in resolve the first error, and does this new one resond to that temporary work-around? ::::: Opera :::::

Singular3D ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 5:00 AM

Well, it didn't help. Seems I have to wait a bit. No problem :-)

face_off ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 4:05 AM

lululee, apologies for the delay - been away. I posted a link to a FAQ (in this forum) which addresses your issue lululee. It's probably to do with a non-standard Runtime - maybe your runtime is not under your exe's? Or for some reason you Pose directory is read-only? Anyway, the simple solution is to change the 3 lines in the script refering to "RuntimelibrariesposeSkinShaderTemp.pz2" (including the ":" one) to "SkinShaderTemp.pz2" (ie. remove the full path name). Someone found another way around it - run the script from the Runtime directory - but I have not tried that. Let me know how you go. Singular3D, ah yes, the German version. The incidence effect needs the coords of the figure - and takes those from the hip - and the hip is not called 'hip' in the german version. You can edit the script and replace the term 'hip' with whatever hip is in the German version (should only occur once in the script), or wait until I get this fully sorted (should be in the next 24hrs).

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 5:02 AM

Thanks for your response. I thought this might be a language issue but didn't look into details yet. Don't know if there might be another language issue later in the script.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 7:07 AM

face_off are you making changes to the original script? improvements & additions that sort of thing?

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 2:26 PM

Changed 'Hip' to 'Hte'. Now I end up here. Selected figure is Figur 1 Incidence Light = Lichtquelle 1 Generating nodes Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 786, in ? File "", line 544, in GenerateNodes IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'RuntimelibrariesposeSkinShaderTemp.pz2 Seems that I have the same problem as lululee. Well, I give your suggestions a try...

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 2:29 PM

Removed the directory path and that seemed to work. Thanks - Singular3D

face_off ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 3:25 PM

Lucifer, the "No such directory: blar blar blar" is the only permanent thing I would change at this time (although I think the default Fresnel is probably a touch high too). To date there have been no other show-stoppers except the German version issue (only 2 reports of). Because I don't want to create confusion by having a number of different versions in the marketplace, I've posted an FAQ at http://www.users.on.net/~pkinnane/RealSkinShaderSupport.html, which describes changes that can be made. The original idea behind the script was to support the tutorial, but it seems to have taken on a life of it's own - so an update in the next few months might be in order. There is also a Mac version that is getting close to production testing (if we can get around a couple of lethal bugs in the Mac version of P5). Because it doesn't support a GUI, we have developed a different way of allowing the user to modify the setup parameters, which provides a little more flexibility (ie. enables changing specular parameters, etc). Maybe this could be incorporated into the PC version. We are also working on a version that works with a specific textureset - check my gallery over the next few days for some beta examples.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Blog
Facebook

face_off ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 3:38 PM

Singular3d - out of interest - could you pls tell me what the INTERNAL name for hip is on the German version of P5? Check the Properties tab in the Parameter Dials window. Thanks.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Blog
Facebook

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 4:00 PM

I already wrote it. 'Hip' is called 'Hte' in German. It works with that and the removing of the path for the temp file like charm. The results are terrific. Just will try to lower the strength of the freckles. Have to dive into that script :-)). The options seem endless to me now. A whole new world to explore. It also works on Eternal Judy without any problems. You really did an excellent job and maybe you will find suggestions for different settings soon, when more people are using your script with different photo-real textures.

face_off ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 4:06 PM

Glad you like it Singular3D! Can you pls confirm that both the NAME and INTERNAL NAME (2 different things) for hip are both 'Hte'. Thanks.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Blog
Facebook

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 4:30 PM

file_160679.jpg

Well, the name on the screen is 'Hte' (see screenshot first line). How do I find out the other name? Can you help me here?

face_off ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 4:49 PM

Select the hip (hufte), then bring up the Parameters Dials window (Shift-Ctrl-N) - select the Properties tab at the top of that window and it will disaplce the Name and the Internal Name. Are they both Hufte?

Creator of PoserPhysics
Blog
Facebook

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 4:56 PM ยท edited Tue, 28 December 2004 at 4:59 PM

No it seems the internal name (Interner Name) is hip

Message edited on: 12/28/2004 16:59

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 5:00 PM

file_160680.jpg

maybe this clarifies it...

face_off ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 5:45 PM

Ah, thank you. That helps a lot. So a more eligant fix is to replace the line a = f.Actor("Hip") with a = f.ActorByInternalName("hip") * Note small 'h'.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Blog
Facebook

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 5:52 PM

This should help and make the script language independent. I always was annoyed by the way Poser handled the german versions. In P4 they even renamed the basic directories and so you have to move manually the unzipped products to the correct directories.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.