Thu, Oct 3, 6:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Poser folder names in other languages

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 9:44 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 6:12 AM

I've been alerted to differences in Poser folder names in other languages. From Daz3D, I have found them for German and French. Are there any others to be aware of? Also, can't find any mention if there are differences in name of 'Geometries', 'textures', or Poser file internals. Thanks!

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

msg24_7 ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 3:12 PM

All I do know are the differences with the German version. Geometries is still geometries, but textures is texturen ! All the library folders have different names as well. As far as I know, there are no differences in Poser file internals. Those are taken care of by Poser itself. This is only for Poser 4 and ProPack... Poser 5 does use the same folder names for all versions.

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 4:14 PM

Thanks, msg24_7! I was wondering about "textures" in German. Wonder if there are differences in French as well? Daz doesn't mention "Geometries" or "textures" language differences for German and French.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

msg24_7 ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 4:36 PM

ooops... just learned, that I got it wrong... sorry... textures is textures in all versions! I just thought it was named differently because I did download some packages from german sites, that had it named differently. Sorry again! But all library folders ARE named differently. Except for hand, but only because the german word is hand as well ;-)

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 4:49 PM

Ah, thanks for that! Almost implemented that. (blush)

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

msg24_7 ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 4:52 PM

Oh, and about differences with the french version, you could ask at Poser Pros. There is a french forum over there :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.