Tue, Oct 22, 12:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Please Read!!

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 11:42 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:45 AM

Hello everyone... I need to ask all of you to go into you Profiles and change your passwords here and over at the 3D Commune and at Renderotica. It would seem that some individuals have found that some of us use the same passwords for all three sites and have now been sending offensive e-mail and posts under certain member names... Although we do not know who these people are that are sending e-mail out to other members, we do know that it has to be someone that has the ability to see what everyone's Passwords are, which means they must be Admin's or Moderators. As soon as the person or persons are found, they will be dealt with. Also we've discovered this problem exists not only Renderotica and at the Commune, but also here at Renderosity. So PLEASE change your Password at ALL 3 Places, just to be sure you are safe!!! We have let Tim from Edgenet know about the Security leaks and he is working on protecting those of you who are members here as well. Thank you... and merry christmas. Jack

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 12:59 PM

heyas; well, if he/she/it/they got yours now, and you change it now, they'd have to go through the databases again to sniff out the new one. might slow 'em down. then change it again after, yeah. make a temp one.

Ironbear ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 5:26 PM

Heh. I'm not very forgiving. When we find out who it is, lets release their name and info to all of the members publicly... they need to have their legs and hands broken.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

tim ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 5:41 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Changing you password occasionally is always a good idea. A unique password for each site is even better, unless you're into really into sharing. ;o)

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 6:56 PM

We found out who it is... It will be up to Tim and I about the course of action that we will take and if we will release the person's identity or not. Jack

Ironbear ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 7:16 PM

Good to see you folks working together on this.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2000 at 8:23 AM

Peter, You seem to be very parinoid. No one has pointed a finger at you that I can see but you seem to be fliping out about this. (chuckle) I guess its nothing new, eh! ;) Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2000 at 11:15 AM

rad! what ARE you going on about?? :)

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2000 at 1:09 PM

;) Maybe, But I wouldnt take it into a public forum. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Ana ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2000 at 3:12 PM

So, Pete, since you are being so open and "honest" why don't you TELL us who exactly is accusing "YOU"? Doth thou protest too much? Is Innocence a valour beyond the pale of your social standing in truth? What have you to fear least you be but a piece of this horrible puzzle? Do Tell... We are all waiting with bated breath!!!! Love, Hugs and Kisses Ana

Ana ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2000 at 4:32 PM

Does "whiney baby" mean ANYTHING to you? If you're not guilty then shut up!!!!!

RadArt ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2000 at 6:38 PM

Well nothing...your not even worth these words.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2000 at 4:24 AM

Sorry to disrupt such an enlightening argument... You said the person has been sniffed out? Are you pretty certain that was the only one involved, or were there others that still may be into the database?

• Monkeysmell

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.