Wed, Sep 18, 12:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Vic 4

Niles ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 10:57 AM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 4:36 PM

Does this get your attention? :)
If Vic 4 was released today, a new female model, that was not compatible with Vic 3 or Vic 2, using only New Textures, clothes, hair, ect. Being so advanced that you would have to upgrade your PC just to get her load...
would you buy her?
Just a thought...
As for me I have enough female models for my use, I personally would rather have more clothes and textures for "All" the models (male and female) that I already own. I would also rather have more High quality props.
Does your needs and wants require a New Female Model to accomplish your work, art, hobby?

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 11:05 AM

Nope to both.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 11:19 AM

another subdivided mesh to make it 128k poly?! no not again.

Georgous ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 11:47 AM

Dang Lets fix Judy.....Ej is decent.Is there a rumor of a vic 4?

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 11:52 AM

I am not eager to see a V4.

But, if she's "more realistic" than V3.......I'd have to give her a serious look.

As for more stuff for existing models -- go for it. I'm all for the idea.

However, the merchants are going to gravitate towards producing things that actually sell. And that means stuff for V3.

Rant against the unfairness of it all....it doesn't matter.

What sells, sells.

And why would a merchant want to spend their time working on a product that will sell 100 units, when they can produce a product that will sell 1000 units, instead?

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Aeneas ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 12:15 PM

Please don't forget that not everyone has a broadband connection and that a title is what the thread/question is all about.

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 12:43 PM

Please don't forget that not everyone has a broadband connection and that a title is what the thread/question is all about.

Speaking of being OT.......

Frankly, I have no idea what you are talking about.

If you are implying that the post above yours was somehow OT, then I would suggest that you re-read the initial post in this thread, and then re-read mine. It was a direct response to the #1 post.

As for downloading a little extra text on a dialup, well.....that's a big problem, I have to admit.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:50 PM

For me, I would like to see a V4 that had better shoulders and a more defined nose and ears. Quite frankly though, I'm tired of the unimesh and even more tired of buying the same figure over and over again. I wish they came up with a new mesh and used the texture converter to make it compatible with old textures. I still think Seraphina's Kaimira is going to smoke V4 with or without D|S features. DAZ would be better off to do a Mike 4 before Vicki since they swamped the female market with Aiko and the GIRL. I would like to see Mike 4 based off a new mesh or the old Michael mesh. But personally I would have rather seen Maximus released :(

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:01 PM

I still think Seraphina's Kaimira is going to smoke V4 with or without D|S features.

At the risk of being OT for the title of this thread --

Yes, I am seriously watching Seraphina's new model. It looks very promising.

As for Aiko and the GIRL saturating the "female market".....there is only a risk of that happening if one happens to like 'toons. I don't. So, for me, the female 'toon market came "pre-swamped".

Besides, I don't think that it's possible to saturate the female market. It's been going on for a long time now. It hasn't lost its appeal yet.

After their experience with David, I seriously doubt that DAZ will be in any big hurry to produce a M4.

V4 would sell a lot more copies -- guaranteed.

c_hubert ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:36 PM

could someone point me in the direction of the info for Seraphina's Kaimira?

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:46 PM
Orio ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 3:24 PM

To me, V3, S3 and L3 look too alike. If you place one next to the other, they seem nearly identical except for proportions. I will NOT accept to buy a V4 that is not based on a TOTALLY different mesh. Especially head-wise.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 4:04 PM

I second Orio's sentiments :)

Qualien ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 4:23 PM

I re-second Orio's thoughts. And if the mesh gave a really improved look, all the people who say they wouldn't buy it eventually would. And, back to the initial post, "Being so advanced that you would have to upgrade your PC just to get her load..."? How many people have added RAM just so they could open 2 V3s at the same time? I have 2 gigs now, and nothing else I own really needs it but Poser. Poser is really "The V3 Player", just look at What's Hot. Everybody would have to have V4 if she was a real upgrade.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 4:30 PM

why does this remind me of the experience some folks had with Doom 3?..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 4:33 PM

Poser is really "The V3 Player",

Nawww.....

Why would make you think that?

Just because stuff for V3 out-sells stuff for all other figures combined by a wide margin?

That shouldn't mean a thing!

We want more stuff for the other models. Whether or not it sells is immaterial.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 5:24 PM

I will just wait and see what victoria 5 is like. ;)

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 5:29 PM

Poser is not a v3 player I dont use v3, that is almost as ridiculous as "poser wouldnt exist without daz". Daz wouldn`t exist without poser is the correct expression.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 5:34 PM

I don`t use v3 That puts one in a solid minority. Check out the MP.....

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 5:35 PM

......not to mention the galleries.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 6:33 PM

V3 being all over the galleries is one of the reasons why I dont use it, another reason is that my computer doesnt have enough memory (but even if it did I wouldn`t be in a hurry to use victoria 3).

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 7:12 PM

Probably someone at Daz is thinking that if they can produce a V4, they can make real money out of the V4 Ultimate Catsuit, the V4 Morphing Fantasy Dress, all the same stuff all over again. No way.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 10:11 PM

Yes, V4 would have to do some convincing to get me to buy her.

She'd need to offer some distinct advantages over V3/S3.

richardnovak77 ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 10:36 PM

There's no way I'll buy a V4. No way. V3 does everything I'll need and then some. DAZ needs to spend some time on the Mil Kids before they go putting out a V/M4.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 11:10 PM

More like a Mil Baby. They just released some Mil Kids...

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 3:48 AM

Vic 4, I don't even own Vic 3 yet, why in the world would I buy Vic 4 then? I'm still using Vic 1 and she suits my needs just fine, so why waste more of my precious money at DAZ? I'm still looking forward to the day when the DAZ figures will be living in 'the land of the never remembered' and some more real life figures like Don and Judy rule the poser world again. I'm looking forward to the day when artist will finally start creating items for Jon and Judy. This of course is very unlikely to happen since scores of people waste their money at DAZ buying for $1000's worth of stuff never ending up using it.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 10:52 AM

Part of the reason Don and Judy don't have the same amount of content as DAZ figures is that they are not proportioned as realistically and they do not have the versatility. Its hard to get a realistic looking face for Judy in the face room.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 11:07 AM

The daz figures are not proportioned very realistically either they use the classical greek type proportions that do look good but arent so realistic, if the daz figures were real people they would be between seven and eight feet tall with their current proportions. I disagree about the face room, I have had some success with it, I recently made an adolf hitler morph for don.

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 11:26 AM

I do agree with Xantor, Don and Judy are much more realistically proportioned then the DAZ figures are. DAZ figures do not belong to the real world, they are way to perfect. I do not find it hard to get a realistic looking face for either Don or Judy.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 11:36 AM

I didn`t actually say that don and judy are more reallistically proportioned than the daz stuff, they are actually very similar. Judy and don are much more realistic than the daz figures because victoria 3 almost always has the same face with different skin tones and make up, judys face can all be changed fairly easily and don must be at least as good as michael 3

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 12:16 PM

Realistic? I see "Victorias" every day. Just go to your local mall, and walk around.

I see "Dons" and "Judys", too. But the "Dons" and "Judys" don't rivet the attention the way that the "Victorias" do.

That's why the sales posters in the mall stores feature pictures of "Victorias". Once again, the marketing people know their business. And they know what sells, and why.

If any "potential" merchants out there think that they can make lots of sales by making products for Don and Judy -- go for it.

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 12:57 PM

That's there where the misconception starts.... not all of us are interested in "Victorias". I only create 'real life' comics, I do need normal looking people for them. Not all of use are into victorias. I know that by going through the Poser galleries one would get the impression that most Poser users are into victorias, but I know quite a number of serious Poser users that create more 'real' looking stuff, but most of them like me hardly post pictures at the gallery.

Food for thought.....

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 1:09 PM

The thing is that V3 can be realistic instead of the idealized form but nobody spins the numerous dials that are there. People seem to want ready made stuff and if someone were to make a "normal people" pack for V3 it wouldn't sell that well so it all comes back around to pretty V3 or whatever. I personally love parts of M3 because he finally lines up to the artistic proportion guide that a lot of illustrators use. M2 always had bad proportions using the same guide. I don't really do too much with the females since I normally do a lot of male based illustrations for job number 3.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 1:15 PM

"Realistic? I see "Victorias" every day. Just go to your local mall, and walk around. I see "Dons" and "Judys", too. But the "Dons" and "Judys" don't rivet the attention the way that the "Victorias" do." Agreed. Like the old saw about Victoria's breasts being too large in many images. Well, I dunno about the rest of the world but here in the grim old north of England we have quite a lot of well stacked lasses. As for Victoria lookalikes, I work with a woman who could have been the canon for V2.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 1:26 PM

but most of them like me hardly post pictures at the gallery

Try a little experiment - without the use of deceptive "gotcha"-type thumbnails, post several images of "normal-looking" people in the galleries. Then, post several images of "Victorias".

Take a look at the response.

I've already gotten into this issue concerning "normal-looking" people in other threads.

Of course, the implication being that attractive people are somehow "abnormal-looking".

Attractive people are merely individuals that have been granted a type of "gift" -- just like superior athletic ability or scientific genius. These gifts do not make the people that possess the gifts/talents "abnormal" or "unreal". It just makes them what they are: gifted.

As for "not being interested in Victorias" -- that's a matter of personal taste. And one cannot argue with personal taste. However, such a point of view puts one into a very small minority.

Not only do the postings in the galleries bear this fact out, but so do the hard sales figures on items in the marketplace.

Or in the local mall.

I don't look like a young Cary Grant, either. Life just isn't fair.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 1:27 PM

If you are talking "real" in terms of not being ideal, I think the fat morphs on V3 are much better than those on the P5 figures. Judy, out of the box, looks like a toon character. Don is a lot better, but he doesn't nearly have the same amount of body morphs as M3 or M2.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 3:13 PM

Attractive people are merely individuals that have been granted a type of "gift" duct tape, plastic surgery, and air-brushing :)

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 3:44 PM

duct tape I have to admit that this one is true. Placing duct tape firmly over the mouth can suddenly make certain individuals much more attractive.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 4:20 PM

Alcohol can make some people seem more attractive too...

JimX ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 10:36 PM

The basic problem for us on the hobby end of Poser is that there are too many characters who each want their own wardrobe. I used to be active with Poser, and I even tried V1, V2 and Steph; there were a few nice new clothes, but not much more that was compelling. Once Sara, PT, V3, S3 (not to mention non-DAZ characters like LaRoo, et. al.) came along, each requiring a significant investment in clothing, poses, etc., I gave up. I can't even keep the libraries straight. The proliferation of incompatible characters has driven me out of Poser activity. I still watch. I am still kind of interested. But I'm not as active as I used to be. Sigh.......

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 5:17 AM

This is a real problem. Unless someone comes up with a more reliable and simple way to make any garment fit any figure, we really don't need any more. Arguably there are too many already.

cyberscape ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 7:54 AM

Definitely agree with Phantast on these clothing issues! As for using the Tailor or the cloth room in P5, hell, I'm still learning the basics of the material room and the firefly engine! Do we NEED a Victoria 4? Absolutely. Will I buy her? It all depends on several factors: )fix those damn 'macaroni' shoulders )fix the ballooning buttocks in bendover poses )provide cloth wearing morphs, IE-simulate the "puffing" of skin around tightfitting garments and most important... )fix those hip and knee joints to allow realistic squatting poses without the need for ridiculous amounts of postwork! Stephanie Petite does really well with kneeling poses but,again... those DAMN shoulders!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

AMD FX-9590 4.7ghz 8-core, 32gb of RAM, Win7 64bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 760

PoserPro2012, Photoshop CS4 and Magix Music Maker

--------------------------------------------------------------

...and when the day is dawning...I have to say goodbye...a last look back into...your broken eyes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.