Mon, Sep 9, 7:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: 2004-hits & misses

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 1:42 PM

Big applause for Faveral and Stonemason's 2004 work, outstanding across the board. A personal favorite texture/morph package was "Chablis" by Mint for V3. Another excellent product and value are B-Man's head morph and hair prop package for David. Both these excellent products are available here in the MP. I'm also fond of Mickey the Aeon Dwarf by Dodger, which is over at PoserPros. RDNA continues to be a class act. I loved Judith's very fine Mesoamerican sets, and look forward to the final release in the trilogy. I didn't buy the MilHorse, Big Cat or Luke & Laura because they were substandard for DAZ, very disappointing indeed. The MilDog was darn good, though, and of course David was excellent, but as so many seem to agree, support for David by DAZ itself was very, very poor. I do like DAZ Studio very much, and am grateful for it. I also liked the "Drago" armor that ToxicAngel made for the MilDragon, a great enhancement for a great model. Fascinating year for DAZ. They changed their place in the world with the acquisition of Bryce and the public beta of D|S, but seem to have chosen pinup-dolly glut over consistent quality as regards their general store. It's a shame that the "Millennium" brand can no longer be trusted as the mark of a truly vanguard product. I trust they can recover the branding as a mark of excellence if they don't continue releasing disasters like the Big Cat. The passing of Don Tatro, creator of so many truly original images and the eternal Creepy Clown character was probably the most significant event of '04 in my Poser-related world. Still sad about that, Don was a great guy and a personal inspiration.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 2:39 PM

I almost forgot...Koz released at least two new hairs this year. He just keeps getting better and better. And boy, is the price ever right! ;-)

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 4:40 PM

Wolf359 said: "David will never get any real content support as the poser world just did not need another male figure." Not in my opinion. I was hoping for more male figures. There's a plethora of female characters out there, but some of us ladies would like to see more males to choose from. Melanie

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 4:44 PM

but some of us ladies would like to see more males to choose from. I certainly have no objections to that.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

rasputina ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 8:49 AM

I'm sorry that Elle didn't get more support, I love the look of her and detailing but beyond some poses I don't think there was much done for her....I'd dig some tex and clothes. ^^ Daz worst......hmmm, The GIRL I like her, but it just wasn't what I thought.

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 10:40 AM · edited Wed, 05 January 2005 at 10:42 AM

I forgot to give my best and worst. Hmm, let me see.

Best would be David. He's adorable!
Worst, well, I think I was most disappointed in the Big Cats, especially the lion morph, which is why I didn't buy. His mane looked like he was wearing a bad wig.

Other than that, DAZ turns out unbeliveably great stuff!

I just can't understand why the Young Teens were named after soap opera characters. Luke and Laura were characters on General Hospital for years (Anthony Geary and Jeannie Francis). In fact, I think Luke is still on the show. Sort of weird choice of names. I guess someone is a soap fan. But the Young Teen figures are cute.

Melanie

Message edited on: 01/05/2005 10:42

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 10:57 AM

Well, the Poser 5 family was named after Space Family Robinson. It didn't do them much good.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.