Sun, Sep 22, 4:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:52 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: PW Character WIP - Who Am I?

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2005 at 5:18 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:20 PM

file_163483.jpg

Heyas I'm working on the first of hopefully several new characters for PoserWorld. This is a skinset for the male unimesh figures, shown here on Michael3. Theres still work to be done on the head, and I'm looking for suitable hands for this guy. Image is rendered in poser4 with bump. So ..who is he anyway? I dont have a name for him and 'oldguy' seems kind of disrespectful somehow.. Also I'm asking steve to make clothes for him as well...so what does he wear? :) Some of the skin is based on Excstacey's m3/v3 skin resource, but I've mucked it about fairly thoroughly. Lyrra

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2005 at 5:20 PM

file_163484.jpg

and a closeup of the face

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2005 at 8:43 PM

Alan Alda's cousin? Nice texture worx, Lyrra. :o)

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

jadedjane ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2005 at 8:48 PM

Gandhi? lol .. just a guess, but he looks fabulous! :o)

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2005 at 10:59 PM

Leonard, Gordon, Clarence, Frances, Samuel...

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2005 at 11:03 PM

Ol' Mose

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2005 at 12:34 AM

Walt. Definitly a Walter.

Chailynne ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2005 at 11:20 AM

He looks more like a Josiah to me. People would say after he walked by, "There goes Ole' Joe", with a smile on their face.

SolidusSoft ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2005 at 11:23 AM

Looks fabulous. His name should be : Samgar !

taco ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2005 at 12:22 PM

Phutuma, Mpolo, Sfiso and Philomon... are some of my favourites that imply wisdom rather than "old guy" :-D

lemur01 ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2005 at 12:45 PM

Amos... soon as i saw it i said Amos. Jack

Porthos ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2005 at 3:24 PM

Phreak!!!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2005 at 7:09 PM

How about "Mzee"? It means "wise old one," "elder," or "grandfather" in Swahili.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2005 at 7:18 PM

Looks like V3...the spagetti arms give it away LMAO! As for the texture...have no clue, looks superb though :)

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 3:32 AM

I shall name him squishy and he shall be mine. He shall be my squishy.

Irish ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 8:56 AM

He looks like an Eliah. Looking real good Lyrra!! :) Irene

LonCray ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 10:40 AM

LOL Squishy. I have to go with the poster who said Walter - we've got an older gentleman here with that name and it seems to fit that texture well.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 12:24 AM

OWW!! BAD SQUISHY!!

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 4:51 PM

I can't top the name suggestions already offered, but my first response to this texture and character was to envision it as a saddhu or bodhisatva on the Indian subcontinent or elsewhere in Southeast Asia. Accordingly, some drape-like clothing that evoked cultures more "earthy" than ours in the USA and EU might be appropriate. I realize PoserWorld already offers some clothing along those lines (e.g. the "Biblical" outfits,) but I'm thinking of something more dynamic and drape-like, like a monk's robes. Best of luck with the completion, it's looking great so far.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.