Mon, Sep 9, 7:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Dynamics is crashing my computer

Starkdog ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 3:56 AM ยท edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 5:03 PM

I created some dynamic clothing in Shade, imported the obj into Poser5, created the smart prop. Next, I made a new sim, clothified, and set the collision settings. When I go to calculate the drape, my machine sits there doing nothing. I go to task manager, where Poser is using 100% of CPU, and almost a gig of ram. My computer does not even calculate one drape frame. I am at a loss, as I would dearly love to see my creations drape properly. Does anyone know what is going on? Help, -The Starkdog

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 9:47 AM

The cloth may be intersecting with the figure somewhere. Poser doesn't handle it well if even a small part of the cloth is inside the figure you want to drape it around.

Also, it might work better if you don't smart prop the clothes to the figure. I'm not exactly sure how smart propping works in Poser, but it seems like it could keep the cloth from draping properly.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 4:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.posernode.co.uk/main.htm

The first couple of cdynamic clo9thing props I made didnt work, not sure why bu I think that the mesh was too dense, it's a fine balance but the higher the poly count the liklier it is to go wrong. If you have a look at the link I have attached there is a pair of dynamic pants in the downloads section. Have a look at them and see if you can get them to work on your machine. If they do then the problem is with your model, if not then it might be a problem with your software or your PC isn't up to it. If it's an intersection problem as randym mentions you might want to try this trick. scale your model up a little to ensure no intersections with the figure, then position it an parent it to the figures hip (Ive never had a problem parenting dynamic clothes). Set up the simulation as normal At frame 1 of your simulation shrink the figure by 5%, then at the last frame scale it back to 100%, then run the calculation. This technique is used to make dynamic clothes tighter, but in this case should remove the intersetion problem. Dont scale your model up too much :) or it'll just slip off the figure, oh and try not draping it, I've had models that wont drape but will run the rest of the sim :) Hope that helps, if you want you can send me your model and I will try it out too. Take care John.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Starkdog ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 4:40 PM

Thanks, I got the dress to conform, but It keeps sliding down the figure. I guess I have to constrain it somehow??? -The Starkdog

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 5:26 PM

Yes, you'll want to constrain it so it stays up. Check out the dynamic dresses at PoserFashion.net. The "Great Ball Gown" is contrained around the neck, to keep it from falling down. If you look at it in the Cloth Room, you can see it. Just click on the "edit constrained group" button, and the you'll see all the constrained bits in red. To keep the drape natural, you'll want to constrain it at the places it where you wouldn't expect much movement, and only a few vertices here and there, not huge solid blocks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.