Mon, Sep 9, 5:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Best available V3 Texture?

GeorgeD ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 2:18 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 3:19 PM

I'm trying to cut down my searching time so I figured I'd ask. What does everyone think is the "best" Victoria 3 texture out there? I'm looking for "real" looking. Just a high detailed normal texture.

Unfortunatly the person I used to get all my V2 textures from hasn't made any for V3 and doesn't seem to be planning on it anytime soon.

Thanks,

GeorgeD

Message edited on: 01/06/2005 02:18

dlfurman ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 2:31 AM

Suggestion: Try the UTC from DAZ to convert the V2 to a V3 skin. (It works!) I'm partial to JORDAN's (ValkyrieArt) look right now. Orion1167, TamelaJ, Quim2001 and Morris are also personal faves. I have others, but as of RIGHT NOW, any TEXTURES by the above. A really cool freebie is Odyssey Rebirth by SnowSultan (V1/V2 also works in conversion).

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 3:05 AM

Here's another suggestion : if you have P5, get the Real Skin Shader from face_off (available in the marketplace here). It adds new life to even flat or painterly textures. ...also my favorite V3 textures at the moment are those being offered by Gwendolyn (also here at the marketplace as well as DAZ).

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 3:22 AM

Can you use UTC (or any other tool) to take V3 or M3 textures and reverse them back to V2 and M2? ::::: Opera :::::

Aeneas ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 3:46 AM

this is a very difficult question as a/ many of the people here at the forum are merchants and b/ it's a question of personal preferences and also of what you need. (how close, photographic or not, pale skin, mediterranean, black, asian,..., lots of irregularities or supermodel,...) either you purchase UTC with evt the necessary plugins or you buy a number of skins, depending on what you fancy. or both.

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 5:01 AM

operaguy I take them back and forth all the time and have not had a problem yet. That's what the program was made for. Marque

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 6:08 AM

thanks Marque, because I would LOVE to utilize the huge library of V3 and M3 textures out there...but NOT on V3 and M3, but on Eternal Judy, who takes any V2 or M2 texture. Does the UTC product come with whatever I need to take a V3 texture and make it V2? Or what plugins do I need? ::::: Opera :::::

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 6:09 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=25210

This texture with these eyes http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=31232 and youve got a winner.

NEThingbutNOcent ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 8:04 AM

Lately I have really been loving the sets by Gwyndolyn and Shesa, they are all superb! HTH! ;D

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 8:06 AM

Used to love the stefyzz stuff but now her eyebrows just don't look natural. Have her old stuff and the older female textures, but won't buy more until the eyebrows look real and not so cut and paste. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 8:09 AM

Those eyes are pretty cool, but I bought the Dolly character just for the eyes. The character is great but the eyes, esp the green ones just grabbed me. Also don't think because a texture is inexpensive that it's no good. Solarisonline does some great stuff, more scuffy and odd characters. Marque

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 9:36 AM · edited Thu, 06 January 2005 at 9:40 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=33920

This one, which I recently bought, blows me away. If using Poser 5, you'll need to readjust the bump map strength, but other than that it's a beauty. PS - I should also mention that I very rarely purchase V3 textures because I'm quite selective, but this one looked like a "must have."

Message edited on: 01/06/2005 09:40

egaeus ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 9:52 AM

Livia and Dahra are both nice textures from the Marketplace. Mike

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 9:58 AM

I recommend Ilona, Morris, StefyZZ and MaskEdit.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

egaeus ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:34 AM · edited Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:35 AM

Yes, Ilona is who makes Dahra, Livia and Melissa. They aren't spotty like a lot of the other V3 textures based on real skin. One of the reasons I don't care that much for the Real Skin Shader -- it gives characters spots. Granted, people can be pretty spotty, but for me that doesn't necessarily translate into realism in an image.

Mike

Message edited on: 01/06/2005 10:35

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:28 AM

Arty that texture is awesome! Does she really look that good? If so I may have to kick down some money. Marque

Magik1 ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:40 AM

Try SILENT SMILES 'can't remember off hand who it's by (sorry) but the eyes are unbelievably realistic. Also Syyd Ravens' textures are extremely realistic, especially SHAHARA and RAVENESSA available over at RDNA. Annother of my favorites is QUIN (no longer available) although I think there was some sort of a copyright problem with that one.

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:50 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=851764&Start=1&Artist=face%5Foff&ByArtist=Yes

I'm a bit biased, but I think this one will give you the most bang for the buck when it is released. It's a partnerwork between morris and face_off. I'm testing the pre version, now and you've never seen so many controls over skin highlighting, bump, displacemt, light diffuse...goes on and on. A few quick slides on the script and totally new effect. Imagine changing the entire bump settings in 3 seconds.

Magik1 ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:58 AM

OH WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeterJok ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 2:36 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=33920

file_165845.jpg

I agree ArtyMotion, Eva V3 is perfect. I have her and all s excellent. Includes a lot of Make-ups totally beautifull and super original make-up styles.

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 2:46 PM
ArtyMotion ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 2:49 PM · edited Thu, 06 January 2005 at 2:54 PM

Marque ... yes, she's magnificent. I use P5, though, and she did have the problem with the bump maps getting set way too high ... the result makes her head look like cement. But once the bump map settings are corrected, the texture really is sheer perfection. EDIT: Oh my gosh, I stand corrected ... I clicked the P4 icon when I added the texture. NO WONDER! ROFL It's fine, I will take my foot out of my mouth now. (blush)

Message edited on: 01/06/2005 14:54

Spire ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 3:05 PM

Almost from the beginning (last year for me), I've pretty much used Morris's Miss April texture.
http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=25602
However, I do have Mirrin's Valkyri and Dark Omega's Exterminatrix textures which I like for their faces. I've tweeked April a bit over time, in particular by using a bump mat attached to the displacement node, and by doing a few of my own make-ups via PSP5. Also, I have RDNA's shaders so I can alter her skintones when I want a change. The other thing that recommended April to me is that she's hairless, something I prefer. Many other textures out there have a pubic patch of some size. I must say, however, that I have been looking at Gwendolyn's textures and characters with a great deal of interest, and will probably try out one of them in the near future.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 4:11 PM

i like Rdna beachbaby wet and dry versions cause you can make v3 look sweaty in the gym. love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

gps ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 5:16 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=32566

The link for Silent Smile, as recommended by butter. I thought the character name sounded familiar, then realised it was on my wishlist lol!

Smoovie ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 8:59 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/catalog.ez?ShowProduct=SR%2D027&ParentID=24695&Form.sess_id=2547536&Form.

I'm really loving this Ravenessa V3 Texture/Character Set by Syyd. Of course, I don't think you can go wrong with any of RDNA's textures.

Mike K ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 9:54 PM

file_165848.jpg

Yuma by Stefyzz converted to V3 with the UTC. Yuma face settings translated by me to V3 as best I could. Rendered in Cinema4D. Yuma still holds up pretty well against some of the latest textures. Mike K

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.