Mon, Sep 9, 7:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Thanks for the help! I have a few more questions if you don' mind...how do I...

wes_brown ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 8:17 AM · edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 2:51 PM

..load mat files so I can view the texture maps I downloaded for Victoria and Michael?

Also, is there a way to use the body morphs globally instead of having to click on each body part to make it fat or skinny? I haven't figured that out yet. (I apply the bodymorp.inj but i have to click on the belly to make it fat, the arm etc. Is there a way to have a slider that changes them all at once?)

I have poser 5 on the mac btw.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks again guys!!

Message edited on: 01/07/2005 08:18 EDIT: I found how to give him the body suits and change his tone, but I do noot see the texture maps applied. What am I missing?

Message edited on: 01/07/2005 08:28

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 8:45 AM

For the mat files, if you go to the Materials Room you will see the maps that have been loaded. If you cant see the map on the shaer node, click on the little eye on the top right to display it. As for the morphs, select a part of the body to select the figure, then from the drop down (on the dial window) instead of selecting a body part like hip, select Body (second option down as I remember). Im not sure it has all the morphs but it has enough to make the whole process easier. Hope that helps John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

wes_brown ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 8:53 AM

Thanks..I'll try it. Now for my biggest problem of all: everything exports out as a 3ds fine except for two very imprtant parts: M3's and V3's faces open up in other programs as only a few polygons...the body is fine but both faces are destroyed...sigh...I don't know what I am going to do. I REALLY did not want to render this thing in poser... :(

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 8:56 AM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/

For the rapid morph you could try ockham's samename python script. What you would do is select a body part, adjust whatever morph you want- muscular, fat for example, then run the script and it will apply that value to every thing that has that name. Link attached

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 10:00 AM

Ive never tried it using the 3ds export, but I have exported V3 to the obj foramt, never had a problem with the face. John

wes_brown ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 10:06 AM

Wiered. My obj won't open in maya. Sigh..troubleshooting sucks!

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 10:30 AM

file_166125.jpg

Your MAT Pose files are in the Pose library. It seems you found the "tone" MAT Pose files in order to give your figure the Tone. You need to click a texture icon first.

wes_brown ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 10:41 AM

ahh! Thanks!

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 11:29 AM

Oh, and I assume you've already installed the MAT Pose files? Or do you need help there? Hey, you'll get the hang of it. Just hang in there, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Many of us have already gone through the same "confusion."

wes_brown ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 11:34 AM

Actually I loaded everything correctly it is just that I have been using maya for 8 years and some things seem a bit wacky right now. (I would NEVER have guessed that materials and maps would be under POSES!) It is a REALLY neat program though and i'm excited to get to use it. My main problem right now is there is a known MAYA bug that won't allow me to imprt obj's created on the mac and I am on a mac here at work. I'm getting tyhere though! thanks again..!

trobbins2 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 11:35 AM

In response to the morph quesiton, it is possible to create your own full body morphs simply and easily. Just make all the adjustments you wish to have included in your new morph by adjusting the various dials for all of the individual morphs you wish to include, then select "Create Full Body Morph" from the figure menu. Then go back in and zero out all the dials you adjusted previously. Now you have a single dial that controls all of the other morphs from one source, and adjusts everything you selected at the time the morph was made whenever you increase or decrease it. Normally I'll save a copy of the finished character in my library for easy use later on.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:38 PM

file_166127.jpg

Here's a screen shot to answer or illustrate a couple things: 1.) Select the body to apply the morph to the whole body 2.) Restore the figure to original condition. Just choose Edit, Restore Figure.

wes_brown ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:57 PM

Sighh....this is just not working. I have two sections for the michael mat maps. One section (!mat m3 maps) has all of these different skin types but all of the skins just change things like shine, wetness etc. There are NO COLOR MAPS applied to the model and there are NO icons that say anything about color maps. This makes NO sense... :( The other section is called "imat m3" and has really lame choices like bike shorts or a full body suit... what am I doing wrong?

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 2:45 PM

It is distinctly possible you dont have any real texture maps for M3. I have a folder in the Pose library called !MAT M3 HiRes thats the only place I have any textures for M3, and I seem to remember I bought these seperately from M3. John

wes_brown ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 2:52 PM

Thanks. DAZ tech support finally helped me out. There was a really obscure icon that I had to click on FIRST before I did anything else. This is a neat program, but there are certainly some orginizational issues that need improving! Actually, it seems to stem from the fact that most of the content is 3rd party based and it doesn't intergrate very logically.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.