Mon, Sep 9, 7:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Link an object with poser model

kdreier ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 2:42 PM ยท edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 7:23 AM

I have a student who is just starting poser. He has created a weight lifter created in poser. He created a barbell in rhino. We have the barbell in poser but we need to "link?" the barbell to the hands so when the hands move the barbell moves with it. I am sure this is simple but he and I are baffled at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 2:57 PM

First of all you need to put the barbell in the figures hands, and pose the hand so it is held naturally. This is a taks in itself but isnt too tricky. People often do this with the figure at zero pose. Anyway once you have the barbell in the hand and you are happy, make sure you have the barbell selected, then click on Object, Properties then click on Set Parent. In the figure hierarchy select the hand you have posed the barbell to. Click on OK etc, etc. Now when you move the hand the barbell will move with it. I am not sure if you can parent it to both hands, but maybe someone else out there can clarify that :) Hope that helps John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

kdreier ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 8:03 PM

That's a start. Thanks a bunch.

raven ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 2:12 PM

If you turn on Inverse Kinematics for the arms, you can then parent each hand to the barbell. Then by moving the barbell, the hands will follow.

kdreier ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 2:25 PM

I got it parented to one hand. Both hands was my next question. I will try your suggestion. Thanks for the help.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 4:03 PM

glad its working for you :)

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.