Thu, Sep 19, 6:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: How do you set up lights so...

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 6:41 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:03 PM

you don't get over-powering highlights on the figures? Thanks.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 7:03 PM

Click on the light...then look at the power setting...try lowering it and also adjusting the softness. Hope this helps :)

FearaJinx ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 9:12 PM

Try to add just a smig of color too. So it's not so intense in white. :o)

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 4:37 AM

or work on the material - so that the highlight power is not so strong. Oh, what Vue version do you use? There are some options in 4 Pro that makes it even better to control.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 8:18 AM

I have Vue 4, Vue 4Pro and Vue 5. Thanks for the tips.

ggrace ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 6:37 PM

Please note that the sky also affects the light on your figures, so go to the atmosphere editor and play with the settings for the sun, azmuth, and pitch and under the light tab move the slider for light and dark and the settings for ambient vs sunlight. There is a lot of control here you just need to learn how to use it. You can make changes here and rerender with out closing the editor to test your new settings it's very handy! glenn

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 6:36 PM

I love to make a bank of lights in a line and group them - you can change the power of the whole group at once and move it around your figures to fake a GI type set up. Then I primariy use distance of the light group to find the spot that best brings out the skin textures there is always a sweet spot. I use always quadratic lights to do this so it has minimal impact on the rest of the scene. ALl this with Vue 5 by the way.

MeInOhio ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 8:19 PM

Thanks again for all the information. I'll see what I can come up with.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.