Thu, Sep 19, 6:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Allright Ready TO Uprade To V3 & M3

zippyozzy ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 7:31 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:35 PM

For those that have upgraded how much did it cost and what do you get with the upgrades to V3 and M3? I have the orginal Victoria 3 & want to take the next step but cos money's been tight with me and I work in retail, I've been putting upgrades off. Just what do you get with V3 uprades? I thought I saw a thread about this a while ago but I can't find it now thanks. I do have a Daz account. And want to see if the ugrades will work with Poser4. I cant afford to upgrade to Poser 5 so maybe I can get the V3 goodies instead. ;)

Message edited on: 01/04/2005 07:34

galactron22 ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 7:44 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1099

Well...the link above should answer your questions as far as what does she bring and how much she costs. I'm still using V2 myself, I have V3 but dont use her, mainly because she takes up too much space intalled, and you have to buy the body and face mophs separately (same with M3):

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1106&cat=132

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1100&cat=132

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 7:56 AM

Which figures do you have now? If you have an earlier version of Vicky, or the low-res version, you can get a discount on the V3 base. (It's a separate item in the store, and is clearly labelled as an upgrade.)

However, you might want to consider buying the V3 Digital Beauty Design package, for $100. It might actually be cheaper to buy that than to buy each item separately (depending on whether you want the stuff included in the package).

In any case, you will want to get the V3 base, body morph pack, and head morph pack. Those are all included in the Digital Beauty kit, but must be purchased separately if you go the upgrade route.

You will also need clothes, textures, and hair, but you don't have to get them from DAZ. You can use V1/2 clothing and maps with V3, if you have them, because she comes with a special V3-to-V2 legacy figure, that can wear V1/2 clothing and textures.

If you are planning to buy a lot of stuff for V3 from DAZ, consider buying a Platinum Club membership, at least for one month. It gives you 30% off DAZ originals, such as V3, so it can pay for itself if you end up buying a lot. Plus it lets you buy some really nice clothing and textures for V3, for only $1.99 each. It's definitely worth it if you are planning to buy more than one figure, such as V3 and M3.

Everything DAZ sells should work fine in Poser 4. And they have a 30-day money back guarantee. No questions asked. So if you buy the wrong thing or you find you don't like what you bought, you can return it and get a refund.

looniper ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 9:40 AM

If you have "the original V3" then you don't have to pay anything for an upgrade, they newest CR2 is available for free download in the 'Product Downloads' page under 'Support' at DAZ. If by upgrade, you mean morph packs and other addons, then yes, they will cost. Personally I wouldn't want any of the DAZ people without their head morphs at least. I hate having a model look the same in 2 renders. That's one of the real benefits of the Gen3 figures from DAZ. While the figure + head morphs + body morphs adds up quick, the ability to make litterally thousands of distinct people from one figure is hard to pass up. But as galactron22 mentions, they Do take up a lot of memory. Specially when you start loading in a lot of morphs.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 11:27 AM

Yes, it all depends if you have a previous version of Vicky. If you do, then you can qualify for the upgrade price. You would want the Vicky 3 base Figure, the head morphs and body morphs. Be really careful about some bundles. For instance, the Vicky 3 anniversary bundle does not include Vicky 3 or her morphs. In fact, most Starter Packages don't actually include what you need to get started: the basic figure and morphs. Vicky 3 and other "generation 3" figures have Injection Morph technology. This is desirable because your figure will only carry the morphs you use to make the character. That means less overhead on your computer. The version 2 characters such as Vicky 2 carried all that excess baggage. You don't want to use Vicky 2 textures on Vicky 3. The Vicky 3 to Vicky 2 figure is going a step backward. In essence, you'll have Vicky 3's head on Vicky 2's body. You pay out all that money to get an updated figure. Stick with it. You can save a bundle from the start by joining the Platinum Club. You get a 30% discount on all DAZ original products, plus you can get so many PC Club items for $1.99. And you can always quit the Platinum Club when you want. Take your time to look over the DAZ store. Look for package deals.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 11:49 AM · edited Tue, 04 January 2005 at 11:54 AM

Ok thanks for your input. I think I have Victoria 3 base and that's it, it's a stand alone install file. Works with Poser4 but, I don't have any of the goodies like the extra textures etc. The skin textures is what I probably would need the most. I bought these Poser products before Daz tookover. I wouldn't be able to afford the complete package or to buy everything seperate and like you stated Vicky can be file hog like Michael so I've been sticking to th P4 characters like Eve. I wouldn't need all the morphs though. Just the base figure to the upgrade as mine might be too old right now. thanks will checkout the links.

Message edited on: 01/04/2005 11:54

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 12:13 PM

When did you buy your V3 base? Are you sure you have V3, and not V1 or V2?

I'm really not sure what you mean when you say you want to "upgrade." V3 is the top of the DAZ line right now. There's nothing to upgrade to, if that's the figure you have.

The DAZ textures are nice, but you don't have to buy them if money's tight. There are lots of cheaper V3 textures on the market, and even some very nice ones that are free.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 12:23 PM · edited Tue, 04 January 2005 at 12:26 PM

ok, I'll check my file. I have it installed in Poser4 and it says Vicky 3 on it so if thats it then I don't need to upgrade to the current package they have out now? I dont have Vicky 2 or I may just have Vicky 1 then? I'll go check it. ;) I have the PW Vickie 3.

Message edited on: 01/04/2005 12:26

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 12:54 PM

"PW"?

You don't need to buy an upgrade if you have V3. Though there are some service releases you may want to add.

But the V3 base is of pretty limited use, without the head and body morph packs.

The newest SR (the "SAE" one) supposedly adds some expression morphs, but with the original V3 base, you couldn't even make her smile, open her mouth, or blink without the head morph pack.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 1:20 PM · edited Tue, 04 January 2005 at 1:24 PM

PW=Poserworld.
There is no PW Vicky 3 character. PW makes clothes and faces for Vicky 3.

Judging from your description, you do not yet have Vicky 3. You can answer that question simply by viewing your account purchase history at DAZ3D, or buy taking a closer look at your Poser installation. If you do indeed have Vicky 3, there are no real "upgrades" necessary. However, you really want the body and head morph packages in addition to the base Vicky 3.

Message edited on: 01/04/2005 13:21

Message edited on: 01/04/2005 13:22

Message edited on: 01/04/2005 13:24

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 2:19 PM

Yup. If you have a folder labeled "PW Victoria 3," it's likely PoserWorld clothing for V3. Not the V3 character itself. V3 installs in a folder called DAZ People.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 8:49 AM

I wasn't sure what "PW" meant thats why I aksed if I needed to get the V3 package or an upgrade to what I already have. I bought Poser4 before DAZ took over that's what I meant but I did get Victoria from DAZ store though just dont remember when. I do have a DAZ People folder in my runtime.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 9:54 AM

So, what's in the DAZ People folder? Is there a figure called Victoria 3?

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 11:00 AM

Wow, this is surely confusing. I thought all Poserworld members knew that PW was the nickname for Poserworld. DAZ never took over Poser 4. Curious Labs took over from Metacreations. You don't know or remember what you have? Why not spend a few minutes looking around?

dlfurman ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 12:57 PM

You can get V3 FREE now at DAZ. It is the BASE model so you'll have to spring for the Face and Body Morph packs.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 1:22 PM

My first reaction was "Are you crazy?!" But sure enough, it's there. I don't recall seeing any advertistements about this. So what the heck is going on? There must be something new coming up to replace her.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 2:18 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=13057

Wow, DAZ is giving away the base version of Vicky 3 & Mike 3. This is absolutely fantastic.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 4:15 PM

He might not be a PoserWorld subscriber. Steve gives away "free samples," remember. :-)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 8:08 AM

I got the M3 & V3 from DAZ's free promo this morning anyway, so I am now up to speed. Hey, can't help it, like I said, I don't always look in my runtime folder. I'm strange that way. Never hurts to ask, right? ;)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 8:11 AM

PS: And no I am not a Poser World subscriber. :=)

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:05 AM

Just look in the Character Library. You can't miss it if you use the program.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 1:43 PM

I know what happened. DAZ converts to PW folders automatically when I installed the characters to Poser4 except for the DAZ People folder the rest of the installs say "PW" infront. I noticed this when I reinstalled V3 & M3 that I dled from DAZ. Thanks much guys. My error. ;=)

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 10:12 PM

NOPE. DAZ doesn't do any PW folders. Take my word for it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.