Mon, Sep 9, 4:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: V2 morphs to V3: is it possible?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 8:30 PM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 4:48 PM

Hi, Can anyone tell me if it is possible to take a V2 morph set and use them on V3? Would Injection PoseBbuilder do it? I want to create a V3 twin of a V2 character morph. Thanks.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

galactron22 ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 8:54 PM

Hmmm...I dont really think it would work. The figure geometry has to be the same in order for that to work, V3's geometries are differnt from V2's.

If you want to use V2 morphs just use V2.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

casey_42 ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 9:09 PM

Body morphs for V2 work on V3toV2, but not head morphs.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 9:37 PM

Hmm, I was just working on inputting the morph info by hand, from my own V2 to V3. The body morph works fine but I'll need to adjust the head morphs until I get a look alike. Trying to make a set of twins, one V2 and one V3. Thanks for the help.

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 9:42 PM

casey42 - that is interesting that you say that because I assumed that the equivalent would work, i.e. for M2 body morphs on M3ToM2, but my assumption was wrong. I have since found out that M3ToM2 is still a unimesh character even though the body looked like M2's body. I am not sure whether the body of M3ToM2 or V3ToV2 accept any morphs at all. BluEcho - i was also thinking that it would be possible to do it by hand, but excessively tedious.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 11:38 PM

Well I did some experimenting in Poser with my morphs. I had to add all body morphs by hand and save the resulting V3 to a library. I then applied the saved V2 face file to V3 and got what I wanted. Then just saved to the figure libray and used Pose Inj to create my morph file for V3. Ghecked it and it works! Now to transfer my textures from V2 to V3 and make the MAT poses. Then my twins will be finished. Hard way to do it but it worked. :0)

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 12:09 AM

BluEcho, When you say you "added all body morphs by hand", what exactly did you do ? .... I'm intrigued now ! Also, any chance of a render of the twins ?

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 2:43 AM

After using V2 & V3 myself you won't be able to unless you find an unconventional way. I've tried that myself and it just doesn't work. V3 is more muscular than V2. Unless you can save it as a full body morph? I've managed to apply V3 skin textures to V2 but that's about it. ;)

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 4:58 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_169299.jpg

First I loaded SaBelle V2 into Poser and carefully wrote down all her body morphs. Then closed her and opened my morph ready V3 (I keep a pz3 with V3 and all her morph packs loaded). I typed in all the body morphs I had copied. Next I applied the SaBelle face pose and saved the V3 SaBelle as a Character file. Then I used Pose Inj Builder to get my morphs. Reset my morph ready V3 and tested the new SaBalle. This is the result after making texture map for her from FaBelle V2's texture. I did it all tonight. Now I have to do all the other textures for her as well. That will take at least a week. What do you think, do they lok alike?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 5:02 AM

Oh, this is applying the V2 morphs and textures to V3 not the other way around. Don't know how it would work to do V3 to V2.

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 5:23 AM

Wow that is impressive :) Did you find that any of V2's morphs didn't exist in V3's morph packs, and did you find that even when they did they sometimes morphed differently ? Also when you applied the face pose, did you use the same technique of writing down the morphs before applying them to V3 ? Also, you could shortcut the texture transfer process with UTC though, couldn't you ?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 5:44 AM

The "barbarian" in V2 is "barbarian1" in V3. And there are one or two more that you kind of have to work out. When I first created SaBelle with V2 I saved her face to the Face folder as a fc2 file. Then I just used Mat Pose 3 to create her morph pose file. But when I tried to apply the entire morph tp V3 it didn't work. When I applied only the fc2 from V2 to V3 that worked so only the body was done by writing ion the morphs. Is UTC the Unversal Texture Converter? I don't have it yet but I guess it would work and be a lot easier. Right now I have to convert textures by hand...sigh. Well I need to get some sleep. Had trouble with acid reflex so haven't been to bed yet.

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 6:13 AM

Thanks, what is Mat Pose 3, do you mean MPE (Mat Pose Edit) ? Hope you get a good nights sleep !! ... I've had a lot of acid reflux, its disgusting.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 10:40 AM

file_169300.jpg

If you're talking about writing down and typing in dial settings, In (P4 and I think P5), you can select the dials and do Edit->Copy then paste the settings into a text editor or spreadsheet. Then you can load the new figure, select the body part's dials and copy and paste the settings from the editor/spreadsheet back to the dials. You can edit out any lines that don't apply before pasting to the new figure but I don't think they have any affect, they're simply ignored. You'll have to select each body part and copy all the settings to sections of your editor document or new documents and then load the new figure to avoid swithcing figures back and forth. It should be much faster than typing in all the numbers by hand. Of course, you can save the dial setting files to use later as well. Shown is part of Posette's head dial settings copied to the editor.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 2:01 PM

mathman, Yes, MPE. My poor brain got tired and I couldn't remeber what it's called...hehe. Imkenzie, Thanks for that tip. I didn't know it could be dont that way.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.