Mon, Oct 7, 8:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: The Race - WIP

Rochr ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 4:50 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 8:34 AM

file_168795.jpg

Just a few wips from this years first image and a few billboards for those who want them. :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Rochr ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 4:50 PM

file_168797.jpg

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Rochr ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 4:51 PM

file_168799.jpg

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Rochr ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 4:52 PM

file_168801.jpg

...and the last one. Some dental advertisement. :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 4:56 PM

Sigh! Just when I think I'm improving. ;-) In post number 1 you have the untextured and textured version. Do you create the entire model first and place all the parts and then texture it? How do you keep track of each little bit that needs texturing?

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Rochr ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 5:09 PM

I work both ways really. But for scenes with a large amount of details, i prefer untextured models. The reason is that i normally have to do quite a few test renders to see if ive placed the stuff right, and with textures, the render time increases. The final texturing isnt that extreme. I normally stick to just a few textures for the entire scene, so i start of by selecting all objects and give them the main texture. If i want different textures for some parts, its usually enough to work with the models closest to the cam.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 5:21 PM

That's cool, thanks. OK next question, while I've got you, that I've often wondered... Universe Image Creator. This is the program that creates starfields, galaxies, planets etc. What do you use it for in a picture like this? I have the program and wondering if you have like a million plug-ins that I don't have.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Rochr ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 5:40 PM

file_168802.jpg

Probably not. I dont even use custom brushes. :) I only use the Lens flare tool to enhance reflections and add flares where needed. If you look at the image here, you can see what i mean. Its no big difference, but it adds to the scene. I use the settings Dropoff=3,5, Intensity=0,20-0,40, Streaks=0, Intensity=0,19 and Ring off. All i change is the Dropoff intensity, depending on how strong reflection i need.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 5:42 PM

Perfect. Thanks very much. You can go about your business now.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Rochr ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 5:46 PM

Perhaps i should get some sleep. I have to work in about 5 hours...

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

MoonGoat ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 6:17 PM

I am awed. Aside from that, I think the final was amazing. I remember delaying the posting of one of my pics a few days because of "Spirit World"'s dominance.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 7:43 PM

Amazing pic.

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 7:48 PM

Oh Rochr, youre taking questions, greatif I mayin this series, the colors, look and feel is of those like in magazines such as Heavy Metal, how do you achieve that muted paint effect? BTW, as usual, this is great work.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 7:59 PM

That car is great, C4D box model with symetry and added booleans?

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 1:54 PM

How to achieve the look...hmmm. Not sure if this is a help, but i work with an atmosphere that has a lot of haze, blueish metal/concrete textures and many smaller blue/red lightsources. Also i try not to use too many different colors. Incarnadine, Polymodeling with symetry, and some beveling/extruding primitives. I actually find polys easier to model with then box modeling. But for some strange reason the gap where i connect the points gets screwed up when trying to use the Extrude Inner tool. It doesnt preserve the groups even though it should. Really strange. Thats why it lacks a proper windscreen. :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 6:55 PM

Not quite sure what you mean, would it be possible to show me what you are refering to about the gap vs inner extrude?

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 7:09 PM
Forum Moderator

Well I spotted one cock-up. The boxing glove on the right of the rocky poster is mirrored...........and so is the text....Not that it matters on such a master-piece.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 11:58 PM

Artistic freedom...(damn, i forgot about that) :D

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 6:55 AM
Forum Moderator

ROTFLMAO! Now we can all go play 'Hunt the Rochr Cock-up'...;-)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 8:00 PM

I have many Interestes other than 3D graphics and there is usualy a hand full of people who are super talented and Rochr is one of them. keep up the Super Duper work.

stylex17 ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2005 at 8:20 AM

Hey ROCHR keep up the wicked work man i aint bin on renderosity for lik a year or so you wont remeber me .Your work is amazing man i dunno how you manage to do most of that in bryce.Btw i saw the "race" in this magazine in the uk so keep up the good work...peace..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.