Thu, Sep 19, 6:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: A Simple Request - Can We Easeup On The Copyright Stamps on the Texures & Mats?

zippyozzy ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 7:06 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:38 PM

I just took a very close look at DAz's textures on V3 cos after I messed around and rendered a cool skin texture on V3 what did I see in the pic: a bigger than life copyright by Daz stamped on V3's head & Body. And the ones who make MAT & Tex's please it is not necessary to go that length to make the stamp so big it ruins the image. ;( I just wanted to point this out and wondered if anyone else had noticed that these copyright stamps are getting bigger and bigger until it ruins the textures & MATs on clothing as well as skin packs.

Aeneas ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 7:17 AM

I have never seen those!!??!!?? Can you please post an example or give some details (name of package,...)

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

steveshanks ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 7:18 AM

I think you must have the wrong image applied somewhere Zippy, maybe you have an image map plugged into the bump channel, coz i can't imagine a time where a copyright would actually be on the texture (yet :o).......Steve

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 7:22 AM

Yep - sounds like you might have had the head bump channel applied to the body - or vice versa. (I've done it myself a time or two ;-))

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Hawke ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 1:40 PM

I have never seen something like that :S The copyright bits are not supposed to actually be applied to the model - they should be located on the map away from the uv coordinates used. Can you post a pic like Aeneas said?

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 4:31 PM

Sounds like the wrong tex on the wrong figure. I've done that a time or two, when I couldn't remember who the tex was for. That dosn't happen any more with P5, they all have their own runtimes.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 10:02 PM

Nope, I had one quite some time ago. In this case, it was the Patrick character for the Millennium boy. You could see the copyright when he smiled. I sent a PM to the creator, and he was shocked. Not one of his beta testers had seen it. Guess they never had Patrick smile? I can think of one or two other artists whose stuff had a similar problem, but it can be dangerous to "name names."

zippyozzy ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2005 at 2:28 AM

file_170193.jpg

k, I made an image render here's the screenshot. Make some of the images you are rendering bigger than normal, blow then up a bit and you will see the stamps. Do a skin from Daz on V3 and you will see this.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2005 at 2:31 AM · edited Mon, 17 January 2005 at 2:41 AM

PS: Sorry so big, I dont have a homepage just yet to make the images smaller, had a page but the space was too small for my models am on the hunt for a new place to host but, anyway, I open my images in MS Paint. V3 and M3's eyes & body Textures all have the stamp on them. I dont mind copy stamps but, do they really need to be so big? It looks small on my above screenshot but, it is ten times bigger than that when you open the images and look at them. If I own the copyrights to the images that I render then why should Daz or anyone else stamp everything so big that I don't own the copyright to the image I render? Think I'll go pay a visit to the Daz forum and point this out. I used V3 textures only, the ones that came with Daz. I wanted to make a darker skin tone and sure enough on the head and on parts of her body were the stamps. I'll remake it and try another screenshot. ;)

Message edited on: 01/17/2005 02:41

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2005 at 2:49 AM · edited Mon, 17 January 2005 at 2:53 AM

Show us a render of the figure. Maybe it's the paint program. Do you have a real paint program like PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro, Gimp is free.

Message edited on: 01/17/2005 02:53

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2005 at 3:57 AM · edited Mon, 17 January 2005 at 3:58 AM

Show us a render of the figure.

I agree. I'd like to see what the problem is.

Certainly, DAZ puts a copyright notice on the texture, itself, but that should have no bearing at all on the rendered figure...

bonni Message edited on: 01/17/2005 03:58

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2005 at 4:21 AM

I tried that texture and I can't find anything wrong.

JHoagland ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2005 at 12:57 PM

It seems like there are two possibilities: 1) The texture is being applied to the wrong body parts. For example, the above copyright mark may be in an empty space on the eye map, and when applied correctly, you won't see it. But if this map is applied to the head, it may cover parts like the teeth or tongue. 2) This image may have been deliberately modified to cover parts of the body and then released on a p2p file-sharing network as a way to "mark" people who downloaded it. Now, I'm not accusing anyone and I don't want a "witch hunt" or flame war to start- I'm just throwing this out as a possibility. --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.