Sun, Sep 22, 1:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Has anyone experienced this?

Shiollie ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 1:53 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:26 AM

My mouse has gotten extremely sluggish while working in Vue 4, this is making it almost impossible to rotate, scale or move anything. I f I can finally get the pointer up into the top where the name of the file is, I can move the mouse just fine, but anywhere on the work area it is horrid! This does not happen in any other program.. only Vue, any suggestions out there??

wabe ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 1:57 PM

Any details about the mouse? Wacom tablet for example? There are some issues there i know for sure.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

sacada ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 2:46 PM

You might want to try reseting preferences (in file/options). Take a note/screenshot of them before you do this and you may be able to pinpoint the problem.

Dale B ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 9:13 PM

Also, what version of Vue4 are you using? There were a couple of updates that introduced an issue or two.

Polax ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 4:32 AM

Try unchecking 'background draw thread' in the file/options panel Also be sure the slider is not to maxi in 'Instant draw' if yor machine has not a powerful video board. then if it is still sluggish in work area, put the maximum of objects on hidden or locked layers (especially if there are trees)

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 8:44 AM

Suggestions? Are you working on a large scene or one with a number of Poser figures in it? At least that's when the problem appears on my pc when working in Vue 4 ( or 5 ). Best thing is indeed to put objects in layers and hide layers. On the other hand it's not a perfect solution especially when the objects relate to each other in certain ways and need to be seen at all times. The best solution then is to add more RAM to your computer, at least that's what I've been told to do so in the past. Haven't done it yet, but as soon as my finances allow me to do so, I will.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Shiollie ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 10:53 AM

Ok,I tried all the suggestions here and Polax's seem to be the one that is working for now, I am using Vue 4.2 and I am working with Sam's Log Cabin, I do have a lot of trees because it is a snow scene and I am using Gebe's tutorial about putting snow on trees. I have hidden that layer and the mouse is working alot better. I think I had better go back to Gebe's site and follow her tutorial for placing alot of trees using alpha planes..(polygons are already in the red and I am nowhere close to being finished). Thanks to all that replied, I will come back if I experience any more problems.. Thanks!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.