Sun, Oct 6, 1:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: how to create a dial?

anxcon ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 11:49 AM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:50 AM

I modelled a couple props a dresser, and the drawers that go in it but its in 3 props (dresser, drawer, drawer) how to: 1. put the props into 1 (i export as .obj but they always come back 1 solid prop thus making the drawers unusable) 2. make a dial so i can open/close a drawer? i know i can change x/y/z to open/close and keep seperate but i wanted to have it 1 model, dial slides them open less thinking in long run ^_^ thanks

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 12:04 PM

Import the three pieces speratlely. Position them so they are in the correct places and so that moving one of the translation dials opens the drawer. Add the prop to the prop library. When prompted change the name to your prop name and select subset, check the boxes for the dresser and drawers. Poser saves the three components as one prop file. You can edit the pp2 file and rename the translation dial for the drawer or you can add code to the pp2 file that links a new dial in dresser to the translation dial of the drawer. ( There are a couple of tutorials on this - look for erc )

anxcon ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 12:19 PM

erc?o_O and any sites with tuts are nice =) only know of the ones here at renderosity

geep ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 12:37 PM

file_172676.jpg

Hi anxcon, You might be interested in [ THIS TUTORIAL.](http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1803624) Especially Page 36. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

anxcon ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 1:03 PM

k problem solved =) side effect also fixed another problem too =) id marry you if your pic wasnt so damn ugly =P

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.