Tue, Oct 8, 11:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 8:34 am)

Subject: Episode 5 "Sir Spandex" and new website, forum board

ajvelez ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 12:57 PM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 9:19 AM

Attached Link: http://www.ajvelez.com

Hello, how are you? AJ has posted a new animated cartoon for this week, you can check it out here:

Windows Media
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?videos=321632&T=48

Quicktime/MP4
http://ajvelez.com

Based on your comments we have redesigned the website and added some new features such as a forum board for you to post links to your own work! We would like to earnestly thank everyone who has made comments or collaborated on projects, they certainly have contributed to our growth! We try very hard to integrate even the smallest criticism and we appreciate your time and thoughts. Please continue to do so.

I would like to personally thank everyone who has taken the time to watch my cartoons and make a comment, I cannot tell you how much it has inspired me to become a top quality animator. I have designed a forum board for exactly that, to post a link to your work and get that valuable feedback. There is no substitute for having someone else critique your work. AJ Velez.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 5:16 PM

I'm glad to see you've got this one done. I've been awaiting it, hoping I wouldn't miss it. The story's got some great potential! I liked the way you integrated the modern and the ancient into it - it provides a nice pickle for our hero to find himself in and work his way out of. As far as feedback - I did find some of the camera movement a little distracting. I was glad to see some during the discussions, but there were a couple of places where it seemed to zoom in and then immediately zoom back out and in my entirely subjective opinion it was a bit too much. The basic idea of using camera motion to keep it visually interesting during a conversations was great - it's just a matter of learning to "finesse" it. It's something I'm still working toward as well. On the whole I'm still seeing consistant improvement and am quite pleased!!!!! I look forward to your next installment. [Opinions of this poster are purely opinions and probably only worth as much as they paper they are printed on.]

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

ajvelez ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 6:10 PM

Thank you very much, I got a little sidetracked with the new year and all, plus the occasional life issues but I am pleased with this one. I think that sometimes I use the wrong camera motion at the wrong time. Like if there's not a lot of action I should use slower camera movement and save the "odd" stuff to create intrigue. I also got a lot deeper into After Effets for the title creation and I developed a website to go with it. I took your advice about quicktime compression. I exported a QT movie at 320x240 (as opposed to the 160x120 version) and got a huge 100+mb file, very good quality. Then I opened it in the QT Pro player and stripped the hinted files, set the compression for DSL medium and mp4 format. the file came down to 10 mb! I was amazed! anyway, a little inseider information, I think I am going to take a break from the "Sir Spandex Part 2" and focus in on "The Diner" for this week. I got some cool cars, upgraded to Michael 3 (the day before they gave it away) and of course, the diner. By the way, that was me playing the guitar during the flying dragons.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.