Thu, Sep 19, 11:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: making a collage

ebsmooth ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 11:31 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:44 PM

hello all,

i'm wondering if anyone knows of a tutorial on how to make a collage. i know it's probably very simple to do but i've only just begun to get into learning photoshop's ins and outs. thank you in advance for any assistance!!!

regards,
eb

Message edited on: 01/24/2005 11:32

NomiGraphics ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 12:33 PM

Check out My Janee. She has tons of good tutorials, and as a beginner I learned a lot from doing her stuff :) http://myjanee.home.insightbb.com/tutorials.htm - Noel

dreamer101 ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 1:40 PM

To make a collage, open up a new document and open the images you want to use. Use the move tool and drag each image to the new document. Or if you only want parts of each image with faded edges, do a selection of part of image (with the feather set to whatever fade edge you want), drag the selection with the move tool to the new document. Each drag to the new document will make a new layer which you can then move around.

ebsmooth ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 5:19 PM

thank you both for your assistance, i appreciate it very much!!! spiritual, i checked out myjanee and didn't find that specific tutorial but did find a ton of other stuff that will come in handy! dreamer101, i shall begin using your instructions just as soon as i'm through typing this! again, thank you both for your time and help!!! regards, eb

dreamer101 ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 8:26 PM · edited Mon, 24 January 2005 at 8:27 PM

Your welcome. You can also reorder the layers in the layers palette the way you want. Just click, hold and drag a layer in palette down or up to new position.

Message edited on: 01/24/2005 20:27

ebsmooth ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 8:43 PM

that's awesome, i've been playing around with it and have one more question, if i may be so bold? how do you get things to center up, is there any kind of snapping available in photoshop? thanks again for your help, i truely appreciate it!!!! eb

dreamer101 ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 9:26 PM · edited Mon, 24 January 2005 at 9:30 PM

Yes there is. If you have 2 or more layers, click on 1st layer to select it (in layers palette) then click on the box to right of the eye on the other layers (to link them). With the move tool selected, look at top menu. You can align top, center or bottom (vertical) or left, center or right (horizontal). There is also a distribute alignment.

Another way is to do it.

View > Rulers
View > Snap
View > Snap To > Guides

With the move tool drag down a guide from the top ruler and/or drag a guide from the left ruler. Drag an image close to guide and it will snap to it.

Instead of guides you can snap to grid.

View > Show > Grid
View > Snap To > Grid

Message edited on: 01/24/2005 21:30

ebsmooth ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 9:55 PM

just goes to show you that i need to do some serious work with photoshop, i had no idea any of this stuff existed...heh heh!!! i shall put to good use the info you've graciously provided, of this you can be sure!!! thank you so much for the help! anything i might be able to do to return the favor just hollar, if i'm up to the task i shall surely do it!!!

dreamer101 ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 10:11 PM

I'm a Photoshop addict. Been at it for years. I still keep picking up new ways to do things. There is always more than one way to do whatever is needed.

ebsmooth ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 10:13 PM

looks like i had the right person helping me out then, guess my lucks not all bad after all...lol!!! thanks again!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.