Mon, Oct 21, 9:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Strange & annoying mesh phenomenon in Poser

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 4:11 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 7:35 PM

file_175295.jpg

In this screen cap, I have an arrow pointing to what appears to be a "stray" polygon that is shooting backwards through my character's head into the distance. I just finished animating this figure when I noticed it. I tried reopening the file without saving my previous actions up to that point, but it's still there. Wasn't there when I loaded the figure that I can recall.

Has this ever happened before to anyone? Is there a way to fix it? Nothing I do seems to work. I'm using P5 with V3 figure.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 4:16 PM

It almost looks like a stray polygon that didn't get grouped ... that is definitely strange, and something that I've never seen before.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 4:33 PM

Just to check, I clicked the grouping tool and all the polygons for the head (including this one) were selected in red. So it's definitely a poly from somewhere on the head/face. I loaded a new V3 in another document, and it was fine. So it's something about this particular PZ3 that's out of whack, and if I can't figure out how to fix it, most of the animation will have to be redone from scratch. Ugh! :-(

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 4:35 PM

It's happened to me at least once that I can remember. It was with Sanctum Arts's Spacesuit/Environment Suit from DAZ. I reinstalled and the problem went away.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 4:46 PM

"It's happened to me at least once that I can remember" This is the first time for me, and I've used this install V3 before without this ever showing up. To top it all off, it decides to plague me right AT THE END of this little project too. Bloody hell, if I have to animate this scene all over again, I'll faint. :-( Poser really pisses me off sometimes! ;-P

bobcat574 ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 5:47 PM

must be the bullet from the second gunnman on the grassy knoll.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 6:00 PM

" must be the bullet from the second gunnman on the grassy knoll." LOL - that's actually pretty funny. ;-) Well, I went ahead and replaced the 'problem figure' with a new V3 figure from the library directly to the current scene, which allowed me to save the animated portion, but I had to set up all the morphs for the character again and conform the clothing with their morph settings from scratch, which was frustrating. Other than that, the mysterious problem seems to be gone now. How frustrating, and what a real waste of time. :-(

EdW ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 7:16 PM · edited Wed, 26 January 2005 at 7:19 PM

I've had this happen if the figure was rotated 180 degrees. It can be fixed by changing the rotation just a bit like .001. Something to do with the gimbal lock.

Ed Just remembered something... check the offset values in the pz3.. sometimes they get messed up.

Message edited on: 01/26/2005 19:19

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.