Mon, Sep 9, 8:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: What did I do?? Truespace to Poser

beos53 ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 12:46 AM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

file_177646.jpg

I have posted this in both Truespace and Poser forums hopinf for some help I created this cottage in Truespace used the Luuv plugin to export it took it to UV mapper then to poser as a prop. Everything went fine. When I render it however...(I am using Firefly Render) when I have the Smooth Poly... box checked it turns out like the top pic. (which I kinda like better).. when I uncheck the box it turns out like the bottom pic I don't have a clue as to what is going on Please help Thank you

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 1:06 AM

Poser 5's polygon-smoothing algorithms use some sort of spline interpolation. It works great on organic forms that are meant to be curved, and can do amazing things for low-poly meshes. But unless the geometry has been constructed with this in mind, you'll often get strange bulges on otherwise straight edges. The rules for creating sharp edges in P4 more-or-less apply to P5, also -- bevel your edges, or split/unweld their vertices. Nice mushroom village, by the way.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 11:13 AM

All you need to do is go into UVMapper load your model then select from the menu at the top of the screen,tools,vertices then split a box will appear and there will be a number which is roughly about 43 leave that alone. apply this and then save and load back into POSER. what this does is splits any vertices that are at right angles to each other, and leaves all others unaffected. Hope this was of help.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

beos53 ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 7:42 PM

Thank you for the information I used UVMapper and split the verticles and everything worked Thank you both again for the info Steve

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.