Fri, Sep 20, 7:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Why are my Smart Props so flippin' HUGE?

kukri ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 2:04 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:56 AM

...and don't say, "genetics." I'm creating a series of props. When I save them unparented, they are a managable .25 meg or so. When I save them parented to M3's right hand they suddenly megabloat to a freakish 15 meg! Not good, since the limit for the RMP is 25 meg... Aside from putting them on a diet and providing plenty of excercise, how do I slim down my smart props? Many thanks, Kukri

zulu9812 ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 2:10 PM

Sounds like you could be saving all the figures + props together, rather than just the prop you want?

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 2:10 PM

Try editing the file to point to external geometry rather than have the geometry held within the prop file. To see what I mean open up any of the standard Poser primitives PP2 files in a text editor.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

nomuse ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 2:17 PM

Before you saved them, did they have an external object file? That is...to make the smart prop, did you import an object, parent it, then save it to the library? I'm willing to bet you need to edit the file in a text editor (or is there a handy utility for this yet?); to change the section that reads; { geomCustom numbVerts 4422 numberTVerts 4483 ----- 0.001 -0.002 -4.456 0.001 -0.002 -4.033 ----- } and replace it with : FigureResFile:Runtime:Geometries:a_folder:a_prop.obj Go find a prop with an external geometry file (DAZ requires their merchants to make them this way), and compare the changes in the file. It's simpler than I make it out to be.

raz ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 3:47 PM

heehehhehehehhehheheh

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 6:04 PM

Saving as a smartprop certainly shouldn't make such a difference. The external geometry is a little bit of a red-herring, at least for one copy of the prop. But if you want two copies, one for each hand, external geometry pays off big. All the versions of the prop have their own .pp2 with a single geometry file.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.