Mon, Oct 21, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 18 12:33 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Lyne's Mil Horse Update & Plea as user - I would pay for Mane Poses!

Lyne ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 4:38 PM ยท edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 9:44 PM

file_177550.jpg

I, as a user, am PLEADING for someone to create Millennium Horse MANE, ESPECIALLY FORELOCK and TAIL POSES!! I would PAY MONEY for such a product after just trying to pose the forelock to be fuller and show up the textures I am currently converting from my commercial P4 horse set. I just do not have the patients to work with the one sided mesh bits of forelock, but I SO WANT a fuller, prettier forelock options... and even poses for each side of the mane and the upright piece, to rescue me from mane dialing confusion. Another thing would be nice- to have the mane sides go up just a couple of inches off the crest of the neck, and then fall down the side of the neck. It would be great to have tail poses as well.. the high set Arabian type, the short Draft type... and different positions! I have tried till I am almost in tears to pose the forelock (turning off the transparency sliders so I can even see it a LITTLE better) and decided I did not need that additional stress in my life!

I need to get back to my body coats! Even with the body TYPES included with the mil horse, I am considering refining those with the additional morphs I will have and including those cr2's so that users have at least a few of the types all set up to go. I am beginning to realize how much time it will take just to do the complex MATs I want to provide with my set... Shown here is the FLAXEN mane and tail I just got done, because my muse said she craved such a mane color before I get back to the body coat conversions... which I WILL DO now.... :)

Lyne
Lyne's Creations

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

HaiGan ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 6:06 PM

Lovely work, Lyne. Straight canons! Woo! How does that work when the pastern is flexed? My animations include mane and tail poses matching the strides, but they're not nearly finished yet. What sort of range of poses were you looking for? Static horse-standing-still poses, or some static horse-in-motion poses as well?

keweljewels ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 7:11 PM

love the combo:)

Lyne ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 9:30 PM

Well have one person looking into doing poses for the mane and tails.... animations...hmmm those can be used for poses by just doing one frame within the animation, right? excited at idea... I don't animate, but it just occured to me! I only animated in Poser once to see how it worked, and I know there are some walk animations included for people... but seems memory says you can "take" one pose out of an animation??! Then horse is all ready for static art! You might be filling the other side of the need with this... because the mane and tails would match the action of the horse! Where would you sell the set when done? Straight canon...flexing.. not sure yet, I was just working so hard to have him stand on his legs! LOL!! I will have to try Daio's free Mil horse poses (poser pros free section) and see! :) I am sure that no matter what, he may still need some touch up dialing...

keweljewels ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 11:43 PM

even if his canon's are straight he looks good to me :). what color textures will you have lynne? Palomino??? please share if you can :).

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 5:33 PM

Wow, wow, wow. This is what the Millennium Horse should have looked like, right out of the box.

JetM ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 6:59 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2191

Have you tried these at DAZ? I have them but haven't played much with them. Other than that, I don't know of any poses for the mane.

HaiGan ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 1:10 PM

file_177552.jpg

Yes, you can use an animation to find a static pose- maybe apply the animation, pick the pose you want from it, and save that out as a seperate single-frame pose.

Not sure when I'll be back working on the animations. I've got the pack saddle to finish first. I'll check through to see what sequences are actually finished, and what's still in need of work- it's been a while and I've forgotten exactly where I'd got to. The walk here is almost done, including mane and tail- just got to work on that odd sideways-flopping bit of forelock. Not quite sure when you'd find a horse with its mane sticking straight up like this at walk- probably better used when the horse is disguised as a zebra! There's also a trot, canter and gallop. I'll probably put out some of this stuff for free, when it's done.

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 8:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.vistainternetproducts.com/horsemap.htm

file_177553.jpg

Yes... definatly a palomino...you can see all the P4 horse maps I am converting at link attached! :) The buckskin was hard... need to take a play break, and then it will be back at it... Trying to use my P4 maps and line things up with both the mesh template AND the sculpted muscles on the horse is a LOT of test renders as I go...but keeping at it! :) I also got a black, and white set of mane and tail textures done (the buckskin is a deep brown) color... I have not bought the mane set at DAZ... looked at it though.. looks like some nice trans mapping! OH sounds neat, HaiGan!!

Tiny ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 10:19 PM ยท edited Tue, 01 February 2005 at 10:21 PM

file_177554.jpg

I was also very frustrated at the forelock. Finally I ended up exporting one neck part. Importing into Anim8or and deleting everything I didn't need. Saved and imported to Wings3D and did a magnet to get it curved. Then imported to Poser. Parented to the head.

The funny thing is that it took all mane textures without any complaints!

On the image there are 3 parts.

Oh and very nice work on the mane and skin there Lyne!
Yep, we want that mane and skin for sure. :o)

Message edited on: 02/01/2005 22:21

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 5:06 PM

You did a fantastic job with this forelock prop!! I wonder that there is no other way to have a really FULL forelock! I love this!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.