Mon, Jul 8, 12:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: Vue 5 closes every time I load Alien or Edited Plants

Plutom ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 6:13 PM · edited Sat, 03 February 2024 at 4:46 PM

Hi gang, Im a newbie to VUE 5 and I have a problem with importing Alien or Edited Plants. First my stats: I have ver 5.04-02 build 274718 a 2.0GHz CPU and 512K of RAM running on a XP platform. I have the current update for my video card. Every time I load any Alien or Edited Plant (basic plants load fine), I get this message Vue5.eon has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. For more information about this error click. I was wondering if any body else had or has this problem? Plutom

Darthmagus ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 7:21 AM · edited Wed, 02 February 2005 at 7:22 AM

Hi Plutom,
I had this problem. Here the solution from e-on:

"If you experience crashes when using the Alien and Edited plant collections ,please download the following archive:

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/download/vue5/extraplantfix.zip

and replace those files with the content of the archive."

The fix archive works :-)

Message edited on: 02/02/2005 07:22

Plutom ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 8:02 AM

Peten, thanks for your quick reply. I'm going to E-on now for the download. Plutom

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 3:51 PM

Hi gang, just a follow up on my former problem, E-onsoftware now has the extraplantfix.zip (didn't have it posted until today)-and yes, the fix WORKS. I can import Alien and editplants all day long now without VUE 5 crashing---Again Peten, thanks. Plutom

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.