Fri, Sep 20, 10:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Problems posting a message

Butch ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 7:46 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 6:55 PM

I have over the last couple of months had problems posting a new message or a reply. Most of the time I either get a page not found or after hitting the create button, go to the page with the forums descriptions. I hit back and try again. Most of the time after the third or fourth time I finally get the message posted. Sometimes, about a 30% of the time, I never get the message posted. Is it my machine, internet connection or is it a site problem? thanks butch

Butch ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 7:47 PM

Just did it again trying to post this one. I keep going to the forum description page. try try again. But this can be a little fustrating.

whoopdat ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 8:29 PM

Well, since no one else (that I can see) is complaining of the same thing, and from what it sounds like, I'd blame it on your browser (be it IE or NN). Depending on which you're using I'd suggest getting updates. If you're using Navigator, I think 4.73 (or something along those lines, 4.76 maybe?) is the latest. Navigator 6 is an insult to Mozilla and I suggest staying away from it (though feel free to try it; don't let me discourage you). If you're using Explorer, updating to IE5.01 if you haven't already is a good idea. IE5.01 is good, IE5.5 is bad. Stay away from 5.5, but again, feel free if ya want to. If neither of those do it, you may be having other problems, or your ISP may just have problems too, though it's usually on the client's end (speaking from experience, not out of my ass). Hope that helps you. :) Oh, and clearing the cache of everything every so often doesn't hurt either. ;)

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 9:32 PM

I had the same problem a while back, asked the admids to clear me and now I can post again. It was really frustrating for a while there! 8^) And I haven't changed my browser or done anything different, can only suggest you ask about it in complaint and debate. Clearing the cache is good, I keep mine clear as well. Marque

Butch ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 9:37 PM

Thanks butch

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.