Sat, Sep 7, 7:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Can it can it be? BRYCE 5.5 finally coming?

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2005 at 10:12 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 3:27 PM

Did anyone else get the DAZ newsletter?

xenic101 ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2005 at 10:59 PM

Just tonight. Went and looked at the new forum set up. Looked to me like they just reorganised. Really looking forward to the 10th though.

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2005 at 11:02 PM

My Birthday is in March I hope this will be a gift for me before then LOL

ddaydreams ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2005 at 11:34 PM

I'm subcribed to the DAz Newsletter. I have nothing, no email from daz. Went to site and I see nothing new about 5.5 Got a link?

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 12:08 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2005/newsletter2_6_05.html

Heres the newsletter. It seems to me that Feb 10th is the start of the new Bryce newsletter being launched. Not Bryce itself.

Erlik ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 1:42 AM

They reorganised [unspecified number of] days ago. Yup, they are starting the Bryce newsletter on 10th. But it means that Bryce itself cannot be far behind.

-- erlik

jo3l ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 2:26 AM

yes. So I hope my render will no more take 2 week for one picture now with the render speed. Can't wait one day more....

sackrat ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 12:59 PM

I got the newsletter,.......but when I clicked on the 5.5 link it took me to the standard Bryce 5 page at Daz. Like I've said before,.......I'll believe it when I see it.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 4:26 PM

Do you guys agree that so far Bryce has been a Software Renderer only? Meaning it does not use the Processor and its FPU (Floating Point Unit) to do the calculations. Hence the long Render times compared to other Rendering software. Metacreations quick fix for this was to release Bryce Lightning, which allows you to use as many computers you have available in your arsenal for rendering compared to Move 5 which limits you to 5 clients. Bryce Lightning Solution is not practical in the sense most people have a Single PC or Laptop to render on. I hope Bryce 5.5 addresses this issue, a .5 upgrade in revision usualy only addresses minor fixes and additions. Otherwise Bryce v6.0 would probably a more likley candidate to fix a major issue as far as rendering engine.

ddaydreams ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 4:45 PM

Hi Analog-X I'm pretty sure that Bryces rendering speed is directly related to the Processor speed, Faster processor =faster render.

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 5:13 PM

Ddaydreams is right, its all about the processor. The reason for the long render times, is because Bryce is a raytracer.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 6:06 PM

I'm aware Bryce is a Raytracing program I love the program, but there is got to be some serious problem with the Render engine, to take so long to render. In POV for example you can quickly render a Glass Sphere and it will look just like glass, but to the same in Bryce will take 3-4 times longer. I'm not against Bryce I'm just comenting on what I think might be the reason why it renders so slow. It may not be relying on the Processor as much as we like it to.

Aldaron ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 7:55 PM

It renders slow due to the "fat" in the program. According to DAZ they have trimmed the fat and in most cases rendering is twice as fast. High-end programs can be brought to thier knees with certain settings....Bryce is just not as effecient.

MoonGoat ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 8:04 PM

The awesomeness of Bryce Comes at a price. Be patient with the render, Or I'll send Drac to put a dent in your fender. An original poem by Andrew...

jo3l ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 1:50 AM

processor is all. G4 1.25, 5 minutes for a picture. the same picture on a g5 bi 2.5, 1 minutes. quite faster.

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 8:13 AM

Bryce definately uses the complete processor including fpu, what it doesn't use (and probably won't for the next few releases) is hardware rendering in the gpu (graphics processor). In one of the old threads at DAZ it was stated that the render engine was using many unnecessary recursions, and these are what have been removed :)

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.